Uh…oh…

Uh…oh…

>>I predicted disaster and disaster came indeed.  My digital camera containing all my Gucci event footage and also pics of me all made-up, with newly coiffed hair and of course THE dress was STUPIDLY (and yes, I am slapping myself on the hour…) left in a taxi cab last night when coming home from the Gucci bash, and is pretty much now declared missing.  Therefore, my coverage is going to be on the texty side and yes, I am crying floods of tears from losing my iBook, my Sony Vaio and my Canon Ixus in just over a week.  This surely beats the time I left not one but two Yamaha flutes on the bus and never got them back.

48 comments

1. Stephie

2008-02-07 at 1:23 PM

Oh no!!!!!!!!!! I’m mourning along with you and that loss sounds devastating! I’d be crying buckets of tears as well. But I do pray that you’ll somehow manage to get them back!

2. WendyB

2008-02-07 at 1:26 PM

You’re like the kittens who’ve lost their mittens!

3. DJM

2008-02-07 at 1:30 PM

Bloody hell, that has got to be a record amount of loses in the shortest space of time ever! What a total disaster!

4. bee

2008-02-07 at 1:38 PM

oh you poor thing!

5. Wendy

2008-02-07 at 1:51 PM

Oh, that’s awful!!!!

6. DJM

2008-02-07 at 1:53 PM

And to top it all I don’t think your email is working? If you didn’t get yesterdays email from me, then I think we are just going to have to hope we bump into each other on Sunday as I can’t think of another way to contact you.
    Not to worry, you have other things on your plate to think about anyway xx

7. martine

2008-02-07 at 1:57 PM

Poor you!
    No doubt there have been admiring people who made pictures of you… Please come forward!

8. selina

2008-02-07 at 2:22 PM

ah nooo this makes me want to cry too!
    i guess its not meant to be? they’ll be other coverage that you can nick and this way you can put everything into your writing, i can’t wait to read

9. Diana Rikasari

2008-02-07 at 2:26 PM

i’m really sorry for all that’s happening, Susie…please cheer up and do not waste your valuable time there…greater things are waiting for you so SMILE and keep happy 🙂

10. .:sprigged:.

2008-02-07 at 2:32 PM

Ah, I hope NYC isn’t burning you! It’s fire, or the (big) smoke…
    Well, best of luck some one was honest enough to return it 🙂

11. misshoax

2008-02-07 at 2:35 PM

susie! you poor thing – this has not been your week, (although in a way it has.)
    i hope karma brings all your possessions back to you!

12. jasmin

2008-02-07 at 2:37 PM

various web searches yield the following results:
    Taxi and Limousine Commission
    To file a complaint or report lost property, call the TLC at the following number: (212) 692-8294
    some sites suggest calling all 8 precincts where things may have been dropped off:
    It’s unlikely, but you may get lucky. Perhaps worth a try?

13. Louise

2008-02-07 at 2:57 PM

Did you really go to the Gucci bash? Or is this your way out? 😉

14. poppy lee

2008-02-07 at 3:04 PM

oh my god! i feel so bad for you.
    i really feel for you. i’m always losing stuff too.
    don’t let it spoil your trip

15. Robin Claire

2008-02-07 at 3:09 PM

Oh my gosh 🙁 That sucks so much!! I guess just try and have fun…enjoy the fact you’ll have less stuff to carry on the plane 😛 But seriously, I hope you manage to somehow recover some of your lost technology!

16. Andrea

2008-02-07 at 3:14 PM

Oh Dear…nooooooooooo. I hope you have an insurance…:-(
    So sorry…

17. materfamilias

2008-02-07 at 3:18 PM

De-lurking to say I’m so sorry. I do hope that luck turns around soon, and that you’re still able to enjoy your time in New York.

18. Lola

2008-02-07 at 3:26 PM

Susie you poor thing, – maybe there is still some hope that you could get it back.
    Louise – what was point of your comment ?!!!

19. Drusilla

2008-02-07 at 3:43 PM

You poor thing…that sounds awful. It’s ok if your reportage is text-heavy, though- we don’t mind!

20. headmistress

2008-02-07 at 3:44 PM

oh my, so sorry. I can understand the pain and the running around in floods of tears – losing things on public transport is one of my biggest phobias and I’ve lost some terrible things.
    I hope there’s some outside chance of getting your camera back… you never know – there are actually a few kind souls out there! or some form of compensation – although that can’t make up for the pics of course. I really hope your trip gets better for you though!

21. ms. spinach

2008-02-07 at 3:46 PM

oh NOOOOO. i’m so sorry. let me know if i can do anything!

22. wendy

2008-02-07 at 3:46 PM

omg! sorry to hear about this susie! i was hoping u would have a great time in NYC!

23. Winnie

2008-02-07 at 3:54 PM

Oh no! Hope this hasn’t spoilt your trip!Fingers crossed on getting it back, but it’s not the end of the world if you don’t!

24. bronwyn

2008-02-07 at 4:12 PM

Oh No! I don’t believe it. I’m so sorry Susie.

25. Isabelle

2008-02-07 at 4:22 PM

Hey we’re all feeling for you at Shiny Towers Susie! Here’s hoping Canon, Sony and Apple all take pity on you and send you some free stuff xx -ps hopefully your camera will end up here!

26. Isabelle

2008-02-07 at 4:23 PM

27. Daniel Saynt

2008-02-07 at 4:29 PM

We have your pictures on Fashion Indie.

28. Suzanna

2008-02-07 at 4:44 PM

Good grief, girl, that sucks.
    (Just saw Fashion Indie–you rocked that event! Lovely pic over there of you in your fantastic frock.)

29. buttonsandstars

2008-02-07 at 5:44 PM

Oh my darling! How awful! I hope you’re okay.

30. Else

2008-02-07 at 7:16 PM

That’s just terrible. You must feel even worse than my friend did when she puked over her Sony Vaio (don’t ask) about a month ago.
    I hope you’re still sort of enjoying New York though.

31. The Clothes Horse

2008-02-07 at 7:57 PM

That’s really terrible. Truly a series of unfortunate events…

32. Thom Wong

2008-02-07 at 8:25 PM

As someone who relies extensively on his iBook and Canon Rebel, I really feel your pain. Ouch. Ouch ouch ouch.
    May your future technology not abandon you in this manner.

33. clover

2008-02-07 at 8:45 PM

dont know if this will make you feel better, but my two new york trips didnt end up all happy yappy neither. first time my mom and i lost a video camera and the second time got fined over $1000 due to tax problems.
    cant you call up the taxi company?

34. enc

2008-02-07 at 9:11 PM

The Universe wants you to have new toys!

35. Style Eyes

2008-02-07 at 9:14 PM

oh no, i’m really sorry, I was really looking forward to seeing the pics!

36. ladivasosa

2008-02-08 at 12:03 AM

Wow, Susie!! This is unbelievable what you have been put through! I admire your dedication and commitment to your blog and hope the abudance gods will shower you with gifts and your long lost items!

37. Anonymous

2008-02-08 at 12:07 AM

Sorry to hear about the camera, but you look beautiful, Susie. It’s perfectly and wonderfully appropriate, and yet you didn’t sacrifice your personal style in order to make it as such.

38. hurlax

2008-02-08 at 2:21 AM

Oh man, that’s rough.
    It seems everyone is going through some rough times this week…. The Sartorialist lost his Blackberry, and I lost my Sony Cybershot.

39. Noel

2008-02-08 at 2:31 AM

HORRIBLE. I sympathize :[.

40. jjess

2008-02-08 at 4:38 AM

wow how stupid are you

41. gerald

2008-02-08 at 9:46 PM

STOP FEELING SORRY FOR SUSIE!
    i can understand if somone robbed you of your things, but its quite obvious you are stupid and iresponsible. Also- i’m sure Gucci invited you to the event in hopes of you covering the event on your blog/get readers involved in the cause, ala Chanel? I agree with JJess…How stupid are you?
    You were attending as a sort of press, noone gives a fuck what dress you wore…I hope you learn from this.

42. Selena

2008-02-08 at 9:58 PM

^^ Wow…that’s harsh.
    Are you crazy… somewhat? Shit happens and anyway…she went and you didn’t, so guess you are jealous?

43. dimes

2008-02-09 at 1:25 AM

okay, comment above was harsh but has some truth to it. you made some very unprofessional errors (ie. camera in the cab, maybe too much champagne from the bottle on the dance floor, bringing boyfriend on a business trip…) but just up your game next time. i think we’re all disappointed this didn’t work out for you. we commenters & readers take what you do seriously… so should you.
    i don’t know bubs. your on the cusp of becoming a very respected fashion blogger/source. don’t become the ‘ashlee simpson’ of the online fashion community with excuses and blow this opportunity you’ve created for yourself & others. so far of the four blogs i’ve read who covered the event, 2 were thorough & 2 were just amateur. right now the fashion industry is trying to filter through this blog world and with posts like this, your going to be left on the wrong side of the fence.

44. rollergirl

2008-02-09 at 1:59 PM

Oh please! Enough with the patronising comments. This is a blog not the Inde-bloody-pendent. Susie has no obligation to post about the event, its her blog she can do as she likes. Anyone who reads this blogs surely knows how seriously she takes it? oh my God, I’m stressed enough cos my camera charger won’t work, I’d be slashing my wrists if I lost my camera AND laptop with no hope of getting them back. For what it’s worth, Mercury is in retrograde which means all manner of communication breakdowns, misunderstandings and irritating hold-ups/delays etc. Anyone else experiencing technical difficulities please bear with it for a few more days. (I wish I could take my own advice.)
    Yours,
    Mystic Rollergirl

45. Susan

2008-02-09 at 4:36 PM

You self righteous twats. How frickin rude can you be? The fact that Susie does this just for the love of fashion shows how dedicated she is. That’s why people love this blog, its not up its own arse.

46. srta.pola

2008-02-10 at 3:56 AM

oh darling, i’m so sorry for you!!!
    a big kis from buenos aires

47. Ashleigh

2008-02-10 at 8:22 AM

I actually had to laugh out loud when i read some of the above comments. im still laughing now! the fact that people were saying things like ‘you’re unprofessional…you should take it seriously…you shouldn’t have taken your boyfriend on a business trip’ etc is hilarious. its a fashion blog you morons! Susie’s not the prime minister or something! How stupid are you?! This isn’t Susie’s job, its her interest! The reason i read the blog is because i can relate to her, as a normal girl with a yearning for fashion, not because she is a ‘professional’. And i agree with the comment above – bad comments only equal jealousy. Susie has been to Gucci, Chanel, she’s been featured in Grazia, she contributes to things like fashion156.com…and all the while working full time in an office, when most of us spend our free time vegging out in front of the tele, susie clearly works hard. and she has my respect. She is very lucky to have the opportunities she has (like going to gucci) but they were earned. Keep blogging Susie!
    p.s – id have taken my lovely boyfriend too! What’s the point in going to somewhere like NY if you can’t share it with the one you adore?!

48. susie_bubble

2008-02-10 at 10:16 PM

I think I’ve said all that needs to be said in my latter post but I just want to say I hope those that feel I was unprofessional will accept my explanations and my situation. It’s very difficult for me to be straddling/balancing so many things at one time… I’m currently reviewing the situation but as yet have no solution….
    And thanks for everyone’s sympathetic messages. I called up the cab company etc and nothing has showed up…. I’m sure someone out there is enjoying/perplexed at my 2gb memory card worth of random fashion snaps….