As per usual during fashion month, things have gone a bit hush hush here because I’m moonlighting elsewhere with words, words and more words.  I’m worded out.  I can’t use nouns like “convey” and “evoke” for a good while after this month.  Therefore… time for a spot of fun.  American fun to be specific.  At the beginning of Paris fashion week, to celebrate the opening of their brand new flagship Paris storeCoach in bolshy American style took us to prom.  For some it was reliving a cringeworthy rite of passage.  For Brits like myself, it was a giddy experience of running through this fictional prom setup and marvelling over things like corsages, a jock’s trophy cabinet and giant bowls of punch. Stuart Vevers did inject some of his own Brit-isms though – like sherbet filled flying saucers and of course the abundance of mis-matched floral prints from the SS15 collection, which I gussied up with a navy tutu skirt. We also got to play at being prom queen and simultaneously at Coach’s flower-festooned throne. Oh, and Debbie Harry and Mark Ronson were the prom entertainment. In short, not any sort of a prom that you or I would have attended, even if we did have this tradition in the UK.

IMG_2412Being prom king and queen for one night in Coach jacket, dress and bag, with my own navy tulle skirt underneath and Dior boots

IMG_0012

IMG_0067

IMG_0078

IMG_0080

IMG_0081

Susie-Bubble-in-Coach-Spring-2016-Look-46-dress-and-47-Jacket

Susie-Lau

Next day with a cracking headache and a calming respite needed, I popped by the new flagship Coach store on 372-74 rue Saint Honoré. Down in the basement, lies something altogether more quiet than the prom antics of the night before. A Craftsmanship Bar, where bags can be cleaned and maintained (they will rub the zippers on your Coach bag with beeswax should they get a bit rusty) and new ones can be monogrammed. A few letters imprinted on leather might seem like a simple task but Christophe, Coach’s resident craftsman takes time to set the lettering, align the bag in the press and finally emboss the initials. There’s an informality to being able to watch the process, suited to Coach’s accessible sort of luxury. Hence the name ‘bar’. Now add a bowlful of those flying saucers and that cheeky punch…

0E5A0722

0E5A0691

0E5A0554

0E5A0552

0E5A0701

0E5A0705

1. Rena says:

Wow, looks like such an amazing event!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

2. Lubna says:

The décor is spectacular. I want to go to Paris too, this year hopefully. Looks like you had a great prom experience. Its never too late to go to prom !

Lubna

themisslubna.com

3. Ev says:

Great pic! 😉

______________________
    PERSONAL STYLE BLOG

4. Viswa says:

Wow Beautiful Collection Of Photos,really that looks awesome,thanks for sharing some interesting things ,keep share up to date..

5. sgh says:

As a former language student I cannot not point out that “evoke” and “convey” are verbs, not nouns. Sorry if this is wording you out even more 🙂

• Sib says:

Great post but I was about to say the same thing. Grammar seems to catch us all out sooner or later!!!

6. Danielle k. says:

I never need to remind myself why I like coming over to your little party here, Susie. Your stories are always refreshing and informative. This coach story is really getting my goat! Having grown up (61 years ago) in America, I have gone through my fair share of Coach bags and belts – a few of which I still poses. It is truly delightful to see this new direction that the brand is taking – thanks to the genius of Stuart Vevers. Well… Maybe “Genius” is a tad of an exaggeration, however… I thought that Coach had become stale over the years. But NOW… POW ZAP BOOM (as Roy Lichtenstein would have said)… Now they are on the right track and thank heavens it is YOU who is here to show us all the fun. By the way… You look totally adorable in these shots! ❤️

7. Brooke says:

Your pictures look amazing! We love the style within them, thank you for sharing.

Brooke x

8. mrsellar says:

Wow Beautiful Collection Of Photos.

9. LILIT says:

I love your photos! I think you’ll like my latest post on some great bags that are on sale now! http://www.lilibuzz.com/2016/03/18/date-night/