>> It's been a bit slow today mainly because I'm still processing the fact that Nicolas Ghesqui√®re is to leave Balenciaga, effective end of the month, according to the New York Times.  I have to put that "according to the New York Times" source note, just to be sure that I've got my facts right because I still can't quite believe the news.  This is therefore me posting with about a tenth of my brain's capacity.

Still, Meadham Kirchhoff painting an exclusive trio of leather jackets for Net a Porter is not too difficult to comprehend.  In fact, quite the opposite.  The duo debuted their painstakingly hand painted leather at their A/W 10 show aka the show that made every head's turn in shock because of the perceived aesthetic change of the label and then continued screenprinting beaten up biker jackets with scribbles, bears and florals for their S/S 11 show.  They've resurrected that cropped biker shape with three exclusive styles for NAP and have festooned them with signature MK-isms – ribbon writing spelling Yes, No, Maybe accompanied by lipsticks, the MK witch silhouette from their A/W 11 demented convent girl collection, a fluffy bear from a 1940s fabrical design (which Ed Meadham collects) and then all the pre-requisite pastel happy-happy colours that grace both the leather and the satin quilted linings.  I took a look at one of the leather lovelies today in their studio and was trying to calm my breathing down so I wouldn't hyperventilate with excitement.  Leather with all its tough and hardened attributes shouldn't really be this lovely should it?

1. Liz says:

I love the lipstick one!

2. cannot believe Ghesquière is leaving!

3. lily says:

I love the first one and all of your posts. it would mean a lot to me if you checked out my blog :)

4. Marie says:

Nicolas is leaving? but why! Balenciaga will never be the same, gosh it’s insane!
    Oh, but that lipstick jacket is truly amazing :)
    Love, Marie

5. sgh says:

Any news on why hes leaving or what he plans to do next?

6. Dip It Black says:

What a gorgeous sketches!
    And love those jackets! Gorgeous!

7. piggy says:

OMG !!!! i LOVE THESE JACKETS, i want all of them D:

8. Anneka says:

Beautiful! Definitely going to be no highstreet copies of these badboys!

9. Sophie says:

I can’t believe Nicolas leaving Balenciaga! But those jackets are amazing and so original and inspiring. Can’t wait to check them out on Net a Porter! Your writing is beautiful:)

10. megan says:

GAH i love the turquoise one! need it! Nice post!

11. This is my first time to read your blog and I LOVE it
    LOVE your sketches & Such a cute jacket!

12. Sari Purdy says:

I love everything about the designs… the prints are great. I really like these.

13. Wow! What pretty prints you got here Susie! I love the jackets.

14. Medina says:

Follow me, lovelies! Instagram: medinaderas 😉

15. Lynkez says:

I love leather jackets, shoes and even leather skirt suits. Big-ups to style bubble.

16. Elliestac says:

Insane – want. Also I rememeber having that bear transfer on a cot for my teddies…. (ahhh I’m so old – those are early 80s kids graphics right there).

17. Wow!!! This is absolutely amazing!!!
    I especially love the first one (pink) and the lipstick one!!
    I’m so sad that Nicolas is leaving Balenciaga :-(

18. L says:

Seriously this ar amazing done I like the jacket really cool

19. I just love this jacket. It’s got its own personality.
    Greetings from Santiago, Chile.
    Twitter: @cristianpavezd
    Facebook: http://on.fb.me/uywe6X

20. Sanne says:

Not one little scrap of gossip on the net as to the reason why Nicolas Ghesqui√®re is quitting…
    Wow, those leather jackets are insane! I love the contrast between the leather and the girly doodles. Not sure I’d have the courage to wear one of these things, though.

21. POPTUCKSHOP says:

I literally JUST emailed Ben congratulating him on how amazing they looked! So Meadham Kirchhoff, so pretty

22. I’m so bummed that Nicolas Ghesqui√®re is leaving Balenciaga as well. But as a fellow London fashion blogger, I’m so excited to have discovered you blog! I just posted an outfit look featuring my favorite Balenciaga coat. http://mouthfulofstyle.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/black-on-black-plus-valentino.html

23. Sorry for slight typo above. Meant to say “your” blog! Damn autocorrect x