Weirdly for a supposedly instant-hungry fashion blogger, using (slash stealing) pics from Style.com to use for posts feels like a very unsatisfactory procedure.  Necessary sometimes but not enjoyable.  A boxed-in bound glossy photo book consisting of an atmospheric photo story as well as the perfunctory catwalk shots that arrives at just about the time when the pieces will be going into store is a completely different kettle of fish.

I leapt upon this Dries Van Noten's lookbook, opening the box, lifting off the layer of tissue paper with enthusiasm last night when I got back from Paris (no real posts yesterday – will be explained later at approx. 6pm).  It mainly consists of a series of images by noted backstage photographer Schohaja Stassler, which documented the A/W 11-12 show from venue to backstage to runway at the opulent Hotel de Ville (best carpeted staircase that I've ever taken to ascend into a show‚Ķ).  Dries Van Noten in general seem to have a knack for tactile printed paraphernalia as I've kept their velvet textured invite from A/W 11-12 and this  boxed-in glossy booklet certainly jolted the show in my head again, better than any video.  Or should I not be saying that as a Vimeo-lovin', HTML-savvy sorta gal?

The swell of David Bowie's Heroes, reworked by 2 Many DJs, the pattern puzzles that were Dries classicisms and the freedom of the clash of textures and prints in the pieces all came flooding back.  I take Dries for granted for its on-form consistency sometimes but a printed package like this is a potent reminder of a collection that impacted without making a scream.

IMG_9991

IMG_0018

IMG_0021

IMG_0023

IMG_0026

1. Erika says:

Love Dries Van Noten!!
    Département Féminin carries DVN.
    I can’t wait to see what they will bring in!!!!!!

2. mlmag says:

Fabulous pics ;D
    FASHION People: WIIL.I.AM model for RYNSHU

3. Natalie says:

Absolutely jealous of this!

4. Laura says:

SO beautiful! there are some really lovely photos of the models xx

5. Caroline says:

I like that the same tones (red, blue, browns) reoccur in the photographs.

6. Kate says:

Gorgeous lookbook! Seems like a personal album 🙂
    Kate

7. Pedro Garfo says:

Great Lookbook 🙂
    Visit: http://pedrogarfo.tumblr.com/
    Pedro Garfo
    Mens fashion Blog

8. Excelent pics!!! very nice… and looks like a book with so great photos!! Wooow!!!

9. Her work is really nice… we should her work before for our Beauty Program too… its super nice…. 😀

10. I love when things are presented in a beautiful way. It’s just nice when things are made special. =)
    Celebrity Style and Fashion – Need it? Want it? Crave it?

11. Verena says:

I love when people make on effort with their lookbooks.

verenahafner.wordpress.com

12. i adore things packed in a beautiful subtle boxes with small printed letters.

13. Wow! beautiful collections of picture.I want to do it also.
    Cheska

14. Wonderful collections. I like this paper dreams very much. You have described very differently. Thanks for sharing.

15. RIY_KA says:

so magical, and such a lovely different way of promoting the collection

16. YoXx says:

I want to be you…

17. hi, i have your press release in russian Vogue #7 2011, here it is:
    [URL=http://radikal.ru/F/s58.radikal.ru/i162/1107/d5/b5fa8ecb8b45.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://s58.radikal.ru/i162/1107/d5/b5fa8ecb8b45t.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D.
    i know that u have special section for your press releaseson your web-site, so i decided that u would be interested in this.

18. Thanks for all the lovely pictures!

19. jessica says:

Yes, you are really right and the effect is pretty good!

20. Great stuff, very pretty!