Tokyo Bopping

Tokyo Bopping

>> To Tokyo Bop or not to Tokyo Bop that is the question.  Steve and I have been playing 'assistant' to Phil Oh here in Tokyo whilst he's street snapping for Street Peeper.  We stood aside when one guy who upon seeing Phil, was so starstruck, asked him for his autograph, whilst citing Street Peeper as his favourite site on his phone and repeatedly saying "Wow!".  Mostly we've been style spotting in Harujuku and so I snapped my first pair of Tokyo Bopper shoes in action.  To those who are vaguely familiar with the Fruits/Harujuku scene, you'll be familiar with Tokyo Bopper… or at least you'll be familiar with the raised platform style shoes that grace their feet.  I've not been to Tokyo Bopper yet but their exhaustive blog has styles, customers and staff all wearing Tokyo Bopper in interesting ways, making me ponder about whether buying a pair would be the perfect shoe memento of my trip or a trite bit of Tokyo cheesiness…

Still, given my love of the raised platform I'll definitely be investigating this Harajuku institution to assess whether these will be joining my collection of heavy-soled creepers…

IMG_5873

15 comments

1. Mila

2011-05-25 at 5:36 PM
  2. HeyItsAlexP

2011-05-25 at 5:38 PM

Love these “flatforms”, really cute. Strangely enough, I fall on my face more in raised platforms than in heels…

3. Johaka

2011-05-25 at 6:41 PM

RHS (those platform shoes) are just AWESOME! <3s

4. salome

2011-05-25 at 6:48 PM

Amazing shoes … 😉
    NEWS: BALMAIN & her 2nd Ligne “PIERRE BALMAIN”

5. Sarah

2011-05-25 at 7:04 PM

Those shoes are amazingly gorgeous!
    Sarah
    x

6. inside my head and wardrobe

2011-05-25 at 7:27 PM

awww wow i love those suzie!!

7. Fashion Hayley

2011-05-26 at 2:24 AM

My feet are sadly too big for Tokyo Bopper shoes. I’ve tried on many occasions to buy some but sadly they don’t seem to make them past an Aus 8 or 9, and I’m a 10. Please got some so I can live vicariously through you and your feet. x

8. The Visual Jerbil

2011-05-26 at 6:05 AM

tears of joy.

9. Rebecca

2011-05-26 at 11:45 AM

Huuuge thanks for the link – I’ve got another post on Tokyo Bopper due out in a couple of days!
    If you’re feeling the need for more when you’re back in the UK, they ship internationally; good news, but bad for the bank balance 😉

10. OSeñorita

2011-05-27 at 7:02 PM

Nice flatforms!!!

11. Dru

2011-05-29 at 8:00 PM

Aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I’ve been fangirling their shoes and their shop staff in probably borderline stalkerish ways for the last four years, and the idea of Tokyo Bopper+Susie (or those shoes ON you) just about has my mind blown.
    (sorry for the extreme squealiness of this comment)

12. Lactose Intoler-Art

2011-05-29 at 11:27 PM

I love it! Tokyo Bopper isn’t cheezy at all to me. The way they wear their clothing and shoes mixed together, especially on their personal blog is a lot more interesting, avant-garde, and advanced than most fashion blogs I see honestly.

13. Dru

2011-05-30 at 6:06 PM

^right on, they never looked cheesy to me either.
    I don’t know if you’re still in Tokyo, Susie, but these look closer in spirit to Vivienne Westwood’s rocking-horse platforms than to the flatform trend of this season (hence less likely to be very obviously SS11 and date badly).

14. Ella

2011-06-01 at 1:52 AM

I’ve been looking at Tokyo Boppers for my university project! I’ve been looking at japan for my magazine project and had to create articles and trend pages/fashion story’s for it. I unfortunately couldn’t get hold of any Tokyo Boppers for my shoot so used Brothal Creepers instead, check it out! The photo shoot was shot on Brighton beach!
    xx

15. Pakistani dresses

2011-06-28 at 10:51 PM

I think its a perfect way to do it.