Pocket a Polli

Pocket a Polli

Meadhamkirchhoff_det_rtw_sept_2010_044_172950950849 Meadhamkirchhoff_det_rtw_sept_2010_062_173004140582
(Detail shots from Vogue.com)

>> Sacre bleu!  Commenting on S/S 11 trends when A/W 11-12 shows proffer up a whole new wealth of things to ponder about?  I'll take my chances and say that S/S 11 is still in full swing considering 20+ degree weather has not been reached yet.  Therefore it's still a good time to be collaring it up Peter Pan style as seen at Meadham Kirchhoff S/S 11 and jewellery/homewares label Polli designed by Maja Rose and Tess Lloyd, from Australia has a few metal collar necklaces inspired by Danish lace collars.  You can also notch an eco point from buying Polli pieces too as as they are a low CO2 company as well as using 75% recycled steel and 100% recycled brass.  You know me though.  I butt in with the superfluous eco information when really the main point at hand is that these are a pretty and sturdy take on lace Peter Pan collars that can go over existing shirts and thus negates the problem of metal touching my sensitive skin.  Job done.

NESSLA-20
NESWLA-63
NEGBLA-20

15 comments

1. shabby

2011-03-13 at 3:49 PM

Love them! What a clever idea.
    And of course, I’m ecstatic over anything ‘eco’!
    Unfortunately, my student broke-ness will keep me from owning one!
    xx shabby

2. Freya

2011-03-13 at 4:04 PM

They’re so cute! Now to figure out how to make one or find it on eBay…
    Love the blog!

3. katie

2011-03-13 at 4:07 PM

These are lovely. I also have sensitive skin so these are perfect.xx

4. salomé

2011-03-13 at 4:12 PM

Loooooooove ;))
    HELP Japan: http://magmoiselle.fr/?p=7950

5. Caroline Carnivorous

2011-03-13 at 4:37 PM

Oh, how cute!

6. Ioana Liliana

2011-03-13 at 4:40 PM

When I saw the first picture I was so excited because I loved Kirchhoff S/S and I was actually hoping for a DIY or “changed my hair color!” post. But this is just as good! These are not only incredibly beautiful, but such a good idea. The contrast between a strong material such as metal and the delicate nature of lace results in a perfect pairing. Not to mention that it really transforms lace collars into modern pieces.

7. Fashion Agony

2011-03-13 at 4:55 PM
  8. Floz

2011-03-13 at 5:46 PM

I loved that Meadham Kirchoff collection, it seriously made me want to attempt to dye my hair green, red, yellow, blue… I love peter pan collars too, to me they kind of suggest innocence. Also, since those collars are totally eco-friendly it’s a) an excuse to buy one and b) i’ll be guilt free!

9. chuck n.

2011-03-13 at 10:51 PM

I hated that Meadham Kircchoff collection, it seriously made me want to attempt shooting myself because of how “kinderwhore”/blogger it was… I hate hand-drawn eyelashes too, to me they kind of suggest emoness. Also, since that collection was so shitty it’s a)an excuse to rant about it and b)i’ll get to look at it again!
    sorry, i’m not trying to be rude towards the previous commenter, it just worked perfectly!
    i loved your comment on that hermès post on sister wolf!

10. Marlen

2011-03-14 at 12:12 AM

Love both the hair color and the collars!
    Love m

11. Megan

2011-03-14 at 1:21 AM

Wowow those hairstyles are bonkers. And I love the collars, I keep forgetting that I’m meaning to make one like it. So doll-like!
    cheers, love the blog!
    Megan/themartiantide.blogspot.com

12. Meanz

2011-03-14 at 5:08 AM

I love these! So cute.

13. Runwithfashion.blogspot.com

2011-03-14 at 8:10 AM

Loove the collars, but I love the 2nd one more! <33
    btw, I loove the colorful hair and the make up 😀

14. pipptypip

2011-03-14 at 10:47 AM

These look a lot like Ridley & Dowse designs. An English design company. They’re great too if you like that kind of thing.

15. Dressingyouup

2011-03-14 at 11:15 AM

thanks for sharing these, theyre a genius idea.
    Helen, X