>> I'm in Paris chugging away at work but sadly not here for the haute couture festivities so bear with me whilst posting is a little on the slow side.  I'm very very appreciative of drawings and illustrations that I get via email but of course it would be a bit odd to post every single one as though I was saying "Hey look at me getting drawn and stuff – isn't it just amazeballs?".  Well, it is amazeballs, not because I'm the subject but because the talented illustrator has such as Victoria Riches, a Kingston fashion student has taken the time to draw me.  Victoria is aiming to do 10-20 sketches a day to get her creative juices flowing (is it me or is there something visually WRONG about that expression…).  Apparently talented people CAN just knock out five or six drawings/illustrations like these in a singular morning.

Now I have a series of sketches to show to whatever sprogs I might have in the future.  Like "Hey, do you remember blogs?  Well I was this fashion blogger and people were kind enough to draw me… yes there was a time when I had an abundance of hair and my legs were vaguely slim… yes, that is a LOT of clothes I'm wearing… err… oh well, here are these pretty pretty sketches."

Sus002
Sus003

Sus004
Sus005

Sus006 ;

1. selena says:

oh goddddddddddddd, they are amazing!!! she’s so talented! 🙂

2. LiYing says:

I am loving the structured bloom skirt! I coincidentally was wearing something similar, a thrift that I got in a small boutique here in KL – you’re an inspiration, always!

3. jess says:

naw susie, you’re so modest! “vaguely slim”- come on, your legs are long and skinny and you know it!

4. T. says:

They are beautiful!! But 10-20 sketches a day? -I often thought about studying fashion design, but, when I read this, I think it’s a good thing I didn’t do it.

5. Roberta says:

so nice! lovely

6. Kat Calder says:

cool!!! enjoy Paris, what are you working on these days?

7. Really captures the very essence of you Susie, applauds Victoria colours medium wondervolle!

8. mel says:

these sketches are so lovely, the dagmar dress looks particularly divine! x

9. Wow you’re amazing, wish I could draw something like you, I only draw stick figures… I guess clothes won’t hang very well on them hehe 🙂

10. eliza says:

Wow. These are really spectacular. She has such a distinct drawing style! It’s no wonder she manages to caputre your unique style in turn 🙂 I think the second one on top is my favorite, but they’re all beautiful..

11. Sarah Betty says:

Beautiful, beautiful drawings. I wish I could draw half as nicely, or as quickly.
    Sarah Betty

12. Vic says:

Dear everyone,
    Thank-you for your compliments, esp thanks to Susie for giving me a mention, you’re so much fun to draw! I put my work up on here:
    and will put up some more drawings maybe if anyone is interested.
    Thanks for your time!
    Vic x

13. Laveena says:

Nice, the way she has captured your expressions; it’s spot on. No you don’t look this glum always. 🙂

14. Emma says:

beautiful, so talented. i like how the brush strokes capture the texture of the clothing. your flickr pictures are amazing too

15. Studio Girl says:

Those are awesome. She’s wicked talented.

16. Oona says:

Oh how beautiful! I like specially the last one 🙂

17. Rin Domaginer says:

Are these watercolors?
    <3 Rinny.

18. precilla says:

those are really good Illustration! I admire her technique.
    And I really think it’s great that your so modest and sincere!

19. Lorena says:

Very nice, I love the open lines and mixed mediums.

20. Kylie says:

I’m sure I’m not the only one you WOULD like to see all the illustrations of you that pop-up in your email. I love seeing art-inspired-by-art, and bloggers are included in that category! I even have some past illustrations of you saved on my computer, they’re so lovely I always have to come back to them! These are no different, really beautiful and of course, an amazing subject 🙂
    <3<3<3

21. rollergirl says:

Gorgeous, gorgeous gorgeous. I LOVE them!

22. These illustrations are just fantastic.SarahD:)

23. agnes szucs says:

wow! is she great! These are really amazing! I would very much love to venture into fashion illustration, too.
    love,
    szucs

24. Becca says:

These are beautiful!

25. sayablack says:

Great illustration!!
    She has a brilliant talent!
    XX

26. loved these illustrations, they are so you Susie, the resemblance is amazing. it’s everything really, the way you move, you face and of course the style
    elena

27. lauren says:

wow!! these are lovely.

28. Carol says:

yes, there is something VERY wrong about saying juices are flowing. looool.
    and it is very amazeballs people do drawings of you – you should post them more (i don’t care about green eyed people who just want to poison everything,; people like you and they should face the harsh reality of life).
    oh, and your legs are very slim – trust me.
    xx
    carol

29. Myshoebags says:

I love these illustrations! Does Victoria have a website??

30. Vic says:

this is my ‘website’ haha.
    v

31. christina says:

i think she really captures your features very well 🙂 well done

32. I really like the lines in these sketches, they kinds remind me of Quentin Blake (except, instead of Blake’s slightly, errrr, grotesque characters with huge hook noses and such, this looks really refined and elegant)

33. Vic says:

Thanks! It’s funny you should mention Blake, he is one of my favourite illustrators. When I’m drawing with ink (and not for fashion) I’d say that my work echoes his influence maybe more than these. I don’t know if you’re familiar with David Downton but he is a wonderful fashion illustrator and I aspire to be able to make lines as effortless-but-considered as he does. He is aaaamazing!

34. Valentine says:

This is just amazing…!!! I wish I could draw like that… I like the mixed media technique she used…
    -the diary of a fashion stylist-