No Eshop for Me

No Eshop for Me

>> Reasons why I haven't taken to doing some sort of Blogspot shop where I'm hawking my old wares?  Because I've just checked out Kimandra Vintage which has raised eshop genre bar severely.  It is an online shop in the form of a Blogspot blog but this Swiss duo of two girls, Kim. S and Andrea. A came together to use vintage clothing as an outlet for their love of styling and photography, hence why most of the photographs illustrating the clothes look a little more considered than snapping stuff on a hanger.  I'm guessing the point is to use a vintage store as a form of creative expression, something which has already been happening with the rise of evolved vintage e-stores that rely heavily on styling and presentation to sell their wares.  With Kimandra, the Blogspot layout and email ordering lulls you into thinking you're just on an experimental photography blog with the different models, lights and purposely non-uniform style of photography.

Yup, definitely shying away from the murky waters of e-commerce… I'm very much a "You want this for ¬£1…or maybe you can just have it for free…" kind of person hence why a physical yard sale/giveaway is more my kind of thing…

Nina.outfit1.web

Noemi 158 Kopie-1

_MG_5304-1 _MG_5415-1.b.web

Nina.outfit2.web

_MG_3038.web Starlessnight2.30

MUNCHO 125.a

MUNCHO 094.a

Kimandra 1 Kimandra 2

21 comments

1. Not a Paper Cup

2010-07-15 at 10:58 PM

ahhhh….awesome! 🙂

2. katie

2010-07-15 at 11:23 PM

i’d take any of your pieces off of your hands for you for $1…or free, whichever. 😉

3. Valentine

2010-07-15 at 11:32 PM

Ah very cool !

4. Alicia

2010-07-15 at 11:55 PM

This is a great concept for a shop…makes me want the clothes a bit more than I would in a regular e-shop setup for some reason…

5. Rach

2010-07-16 at 3:07 AM

Thought: Maybe you can use previous outfit shots to hawk your fabulous wares? Because if you don’t sell online I, an unfortunate Australian, can’t buy them. And that would be sad for both of us.
    Second thought: I am gargantuan and you are the size of a polly pocket. Never mind.

6. Z FASHION BLOG

2010-07-16 at 6:11 AM

I love their style!
    Just added the site to my super favourites 😉

7. masha

2010-07-16 at 6:24 AM

great style! thanks for the link of her blog

8. Fashionizehaus.com

2010-07-16 at 6:41 AM

Totally love the cream/ivory look with the shorts!

9. Playlust

2010-07-16 at 9:06 AM

Great to read about Zurich pals Kimandra first thing in the morning:-))))
    Btw 1: they actually do great sales from their Zurich studio occasionally: http://c1555652.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/magazine/index.html#/book/19
    Btw 2: great too to discover NY/Zurich based fashion designer Nina Egli (gurl with the glasses) and Facehunter-book coverboy Affa posing for Kimandra.
    Though I’m not much into vintage sales (online/or whatever), Andrea and Kim really take that vintage smell out for me with their photography and the delicious high tea delights they serve up during their studio sales.

10. Sarah Betty

2010-07-16 at 9:48 AM

Gosh this is beautiful. I think the idea of turning e-commerce into something much more independently styled and aesthetically pleasing is the way forward. I work in e-commerce in my day job and I wish it was as styled as this.
    Sarah Betty

11. bravegrrl

2010-07-16 at 9:56 AM

what an amazing blogshop! great find, thanks!

12. susie_bubble

2010-07-16 at 10:57 AM

Rach: That thought has occurred to me but at the end of the day… it’s the treks to my disgusting local post office that creep me out…I no longer have a nice one in my vicinity… fights between people wanting their benefits and the post office staff regularly break out there…
    In any case, I am NOT Polly Pocket size! More like Care Bear?
    Playlust: Oooh…tea, cakes AND vintage sounds like fun! Not a place I have frequented since my childhood holidays in Switzerland…. does the scene warrant a trip?

13. Katie

2010-07-16 at 11:02 AM

Oh I love it so much! However, I would probably feel sad and disappointed if I bought anything from here as I would never look as good as them!

14. elena vasilieva

2010-07-16 at 11:46 AM

wow, this looks like a great online store. saw a l few very cool pieces, especially loved that black dress with floral embroidery
    elena

15. Playlust

2010-07-16 at 5:30 PM

@Susie: ha ha, a trip to Switzerland should be mandatory – not for you necesserarily, but rather for those forever colour-shy Swiss fashion people 🙂 Of course I’d make sure you’ll be served only the finest assorted chocolate and fashion delights.

16. Supra TK Society

2010-10-08 at 2:32 PM

From you bolg I learn a lot. It is my horour to see your blog, I am agree with you, I think it is very successful, I am a just graduate from school,I very happy can see you blog,I Think it can make us more want to study, and I will call my friends to see it. DO you want to I do that, If you can, Iwill thanks you very much.