>> Steve is in his element at Pitti Uomo – I'm feeling rather like the dumb girlfriend at a football match whilst he's fawning over cuts, linings, lapels and buttonholes whilst I look to the superficial side of things.  I'm appreciative of all the well-conceived labels on show at this huuuumongous menswear fest but sadly I can only hone in on a few of the treats on offer here lest I cannibalise on all the things that Steve can better explain and articulate.

One tidbit I did pick up today from the fair was something that the other half won't ever touch with a bargepole… he's not a man to wear a clip-on pre-folded tie and unfortunately that rule applies to these ceramic ones.  I'm not as discerning and found Cor Sine Labe Doli (the name comes from the Latin motto of the designers' hometown crest) and their ceramic bow ties utterly charming.  Founders Antonio Patruno Randolfi, Luigi Arbore and Massimo Mazzilli all from Corato in the Apulia region of Italy conceived the idea of a 'papillon' in ceramic back in 2009 and have built up on this with the various finishes that are available.  These are bow ties given a physical weight as well as the mark of craftsmanship by their manufacture in Marostica in Italy.  I've never been one to shy away from the ol' clip on when I did wear a bow tie (I went through a phase of wearing them with prom dresses…) but these ones are far more interesting as a bow tie statement especially in the metallic finishes that Cor Sine Labe Doli have done them in… dibs especially on rose-gold, a metallic finish I've become enamoured with lately…

DSC_0262

DSC_0264

DSC_0263

DSC_0266

DSC_0265

DSC_0269

DSC_0271

DSC_0270

DSC_0268

I didn't take too many pics but they also do a more subtle ceramic tie knot too that encases a pre-folded tie…

DSC_0274

Cor Sine Labe Doli's ceramic accessories effort TIES in very nicely with what Uncommon Matters do, a jewellery label I discovered a few seasons ago in Paris who have also gone from strength to strength with their collars, necklaces, cuffs and rings produced in another porcelain-specialist town in
Thuringla, Germany… with gold and silver finishes also featuring heavily in their latest A/W 10-11 collection…

Uncommon1

Uncommon2

Uncommon3

Uncommon4

Uncommonstill

1. Alex says:

I just blogged this and referenced you! I wonder if we’re going to be blog-shadowing each other this week?!
    love,
    Alex.

2. Clare says:

Gorgeous, I love the bow ties, but my love affair with Uncommon Matters will never end…
    x

3. Style Queen says:

These are really interesting and unconventional.
    Chuck Bass wouldn’t look bad in one of those bow ties!
    visit my blog for fashion news and share thoughts etc:

4. Abby says:

I want to wear those ceramic bows in my hair. Are they too heavy for that? And I love the gold uncommon matters neck-cuff. Beautiful!
    -Abby

5. Those bow ties are fantastic.:)SarahD

6. absolutely in love with these accessories. the neck pieces are stunning, great work. love the simplicity and fabulous shapes

7. Roberta says:

I love the red bow tie…so timeless!

8. Sophia says:

I read about this a while ago. I thought it was the most ingenious idea. I love it so much and the necklaces are beautiful. I never thought of ceramic as jewellery before. <3
    skiepies.blogspot.com/

9. Joy D. says:

ceramic head pieces sounds amazing. I am sure Steve filled you in on all the awesome menswear details. I cannot wait to read his posts about Pitti Uomo. I am very glad you are there and I am reading this year or else I would not have seen these pieces. The collars blew my mind.

10. nicool says:

those bows are perfect details to button down shirts! they are so classy and fun.

11. Emmy says:

Oh. My. Gosh. How much do I want one of those bow ties!?!

12. Valentine says:

Those little bows are so cute!!!
    You should also check out Alexis Mabille for bows
    -the diary of a belgian stylist-

13. Kimvee says:

I love all of those bows!
    kimvee.blogspot.com
    omvintage.etsy.com
    ohmyvintage.blogspot.com

14. Love the bow ties!!!
    Got to have one!

15. Those pieces really really cute…love love I got something similar bows when I was young

16. CAROLINE says:

The ties are so adorable! I love the way Uncommon Material’s pieces follow the contours of the body, though the model’s backbone jutting out like that makes me a bit uncomfortable.

17. Chuck says:

If I could wear buttoned up shirts I would be all over those. They’re so glossy and lovely…

18. LOVE LOVE LOVE the bow ties, so unusual!!!
    MrsJKD