Have a Sleeve

Have a Sleeve

>> My bum is melting into the seat and my legs are tanning just from sitting in my greenhouse of a living room.  I'm not sure patchwork Fair Isle knits is what you want to be looking at on a 30 degree celcius scorcher of a day but… there is a topless torso to balance things out so all is well!

The real point is I love the idea that Casely-Hayford, one of my favourite menswear labels that both Steve and I lust after in different proportions (he wants to wear the stuff, I want to see more men wearing this stuff…), is offering just the one sleeve as a garment proposition for A/W 10-11.  It's basically a wee step up from leg gaiters, decorative socks and elongated gloves, easy-to-tap-into accessories that designers offer.  With the many layerists out there, me being one of them, grabbing a sleeve or two and adding them to an outfit isn't such a hard task.  Imagine if say the likes of Balenciaga (colour blocking), Louis Vuitton (poppy paisley prints), Miu Miu (cat/bird/naked lady print poofy shirt sleeve) or Prada (holiday postcard print satin sleeve with elasticated shoulder) offered just a sleeve… all in the style of their current collections… I'd be on board for any of those… especially if prices were a little bit more than reasonable than their full garments!

LOOK38

LOOK31

9 comments

1. Linda Wood

2010-05-24 at 12:26 PM

I like it. Very different. I wonder if I’d sweat under only one arm though!

2. Elena Vasilieva

2010-05-24 at 1:29 PM

Hey Susie,
    I have been reading some other fashion blogs recently, but I have to confess the Style Bubble is closer to me than any other blog. First of all, it is so personal and I absolutely love it when you post pictures of yourself in different outfits. Secondly, I love the fact that you post info and pictures about different young designers (sometimes yet undiscovered). Being a young designer myself, this is so inspirational and I do get a lot of motivation from your blog to carry on and to work harder.
    Great job
    elenavasilieva.blogspot.com

3. Duck

2010-05-24 at 2:58 PM

I def do like, but how does it stay up? Is it very tight/elasticated/uncomfortable? I wonder if it’s like the tubigrip I’m wearing on my sprained ankle at the moment…

4. Kellye

2010-05-24 at 3:58 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with this look. I guess mostly I’m just trying to figure out what other pieces you could wear with it to pull it off on the street. I find it really hot on this model though, in a kind of steampunk “poor writer scribbling in a flat above the Seine” sort of way.
    I really, really love those patterns. Too bad its WAY too hot in my part of the world about 75% of the year to wear sweater sleeves. Boo! Maybe with a camisole?

5. Sophia

2010-05-24 at 6:17 PM

I love that idea. <3

6. Marisa

2010-05-24 at 6:31 PM

Thats awesome. Such a unique idea. HOT HOT HOT

7. Jennifer

2010-05-24 at 8:10 PM

i’m a little on the fence about this look, i like the patterns on the sleeve, but i’m not sure if it looks a little unbalanced. i probably need to see styling ideas before deciding that i don’t like it.

8. Car Accident Claims

2010-05-25 at 10:14 AM

I love that guy’s tattoo..so cool.
    Also, the design is brilliant

9. I love the fact that you post info and pictures about different young designers.