>> Last time I encountered Hungarian designer Adel Kovacs, it was a Freaky Friday moment where I had come in dressing in sheer black and nude and then her very conveniently sheer black and nude collection landed in my emails…

Ok, maybe not such a shocker of a coincident.  Hows this then?  I write about Roksanda Ilincic for Whistles new collection and the ever-opinionated (but lovable…!) EJ of Style Salvage leaves a comment about the push button dresses reminding her of security tags, what pops into my inbox on this very Friday?  Adel Kovacs' new collection for her label Love Carpet that is again nude and black but what is that you spy on this showpiece dress?  Dozens of security tags… the type that I think are still in use by some clothing stores.  Me thinks it's trying to cleverly say "Hey yall can't steal me!"  (don't ask me where the 'yall' came from…).  Paired with the flared out beige raincoat, I'm quite taken with the tag additions…

The main point is though, what is up with these Adel-Kovacs, nude and black, coincidences eh?

Adelruha

Adel1

1. Achilleas says:

haha. this is weird, hectic but still cool. 🙂

2. I like the design of the dress but not sure what to think of the security tags. I wonder if they are on the back or if you have to sit on them?

3. daphne says:

Totally security tags! I like the movement but I’m not sure I can shake that connection…

4. Tomorrow says:

Its crazy how things like this happen isnt it!!? It happens to me all the time! Like a while back I saw some Bordelle armletts in a magazine, blogged about them then a couple of days later you were blogging about Bordelle too! And I will say, ‘I haven’t spoken to that person in ages’ and then they will send me a text message or an email! It is crazy! It would freak me out if I believed in the supernatural!
    I’m sorry I’ve not commented on your blog in ages and ages and looking back at the previous few days worth of posts, looks like I’ve missed alot! I think I’ve caught up on your gorgeous world that I love so much now!

5. Tomorrow says:

Sorry to be commenting twice on the same post but the craziest thing ever has just happened! I have been blogging about rock bands and the clash’s collaboration with converse and that sort of thing over the last couple of days and guess what? I check my email and there in my imbox is a message telling me about a Kings of Leon collab with Surface2Air!!!
    Madness or what? And that is litterally like 20 seconds after I posted that comment!
    Busy writing a post about it now!

6. M says:

Mmm wonder if you could go shopping wearing that dress???

7. Loving nude and black, loving tag frocks, and loving you. (But won’t you go beeep when you go through security in shops?) xx

8. KD says:

I like it, I think it’s quite humorous and fun! But the fabric must be pretty uncomfortable if its stiff enough to support all those tags . . .

9. amanda says:

love it! especially if it makes noise when you walk

10. Joy D. says:

wow double deja vu, no?
    Joy D.
    iplayfaves.blogspot.com

11. diane says:

Imitation is the best compliment. 🙂 Have a great week-end Susie. xo

12. Pyxus says:

Nude and black combo – LOVE it. Security tags – love that hidden message.. as in “Copy THIS m*)*&f-ers!” Completed with a sexy hand gesture. 8)

13. jetblackdye says:

i admit i wasnt v impressed initially but it looks great on the model!!!

14. EJ says:

Me and the internet have a psychic connection. This just proves it 😉

15. Clairey says:

I really like it! Fun and slightly dangerous. You could be in jail any min! x

16. Won’t they make the dress really heavy? Haha

17. The wet look coats by Adel Kovacs are really fantastic too!

18. Pretty interesting outfit. It’s kind of weird but creative.

19. Carly Day says:

Now this is spooky, I was only talking with my friend today about when she was at work (in a shop) someone pinned a security tag to the back of her dress as a joke so when she went out for lunch the alarms went off. What a Freaky Friday world we really do live in.
    I have a new post about an amazing photographer, I think you’d like his work. Go take a peek.

20. Winnie says:

Ha, something tells me that it would be mighty uncomfortable to sit in that dress. Interesting concept!

21. Roobarb says:

Hmmm – interesting but what happens every time you try to go shopping? Just how many alarms are you going to set off – and could you imagine an airport? Or am I just being too practical?

22. pretty cool. but i can imagine it being very heavy. Love the choice of colours, they really help make it work. Love it in a picture but I’m not sure it would work on the average person walking down the street..but hey a lot of top fashion doesn’t

23. Miss Fox says:

I’m really not feeling this look–but I will say that the cut of the dress of flattering–perhaps if someone de-sensored it…

24. katherine says:

like the shape of the dress ..not big fan of the tags, nice game of words on the title but nothing else….

25. I agree with you. Here we realize that our existence would need new strategy, new style. New factors can bring new really feel and new practical experience to us. Just like your weblog, it take me to some new state. It really is so fantastic that I can not leave.

26. From you bolg I learn a lot. It is my horour to see your blog, I am agree with you, I think it is very successful, I am a just graduate from school,I very happy can see you blog,I Think it can make us more want to study, and I will call my friends to see it. DO you want to I do that, If you can, Iwill thanks you very much.