Stilin1 Pah!  These bloggers and their books, magazines and what not.  Join me in my quest to keep bloggers as the lazy potatoes that they are, sitting on their couches, stroking their cheapie Primark quilt, hugging Totoro dolls, channel surfing through the shit-end of Freeview and maybe occasionally looking at their laptop to check Typepad.  I am of course perhaps brandishing a mass of bloggers with my own particular habits of good-for-nothing-bumdon.  Still, join me if you will in couch-warming if you're not as enterprising as the likes of Scott, Garance and now Mary Scherpe (kudos on interviewing Suzy Menkes at the IHT Lux-Tech conference) of Stil in Berlin fame.

Mary has printed her first issue of Stil in Berlin in print, in collaboration with Supermarkst Studio and Don't Panic (German version).  And best of all it's freeeeeeee to peeps in Berlin who can pick it up in person or you can order by paying the postage.  In it, there's a rather nifty guide to vintage shopping in Berlin that makes me practically press Check Out on Ryan Air for a flight to Berlin straight away.  It's the final icing to the multi-tiered cake of people that have been telling me that "Berlin is such a YOU city!" (yes, shamefully, I've not yet been…) and I'm just going to have to trust that these people are 95% correct in their assessment of what makes a SUSIE-city.  So yes, shame on you Mary for being erm…not lazy… but danke for the vintage store guide that I will follow to the book when I make it to Berlin.

Stilin2

Stilin3

Stilin4

Stilin5

1. LarsS says:

Now ive seen the magazine, And i am a lazy bloger. I jsut sit on my couch al day long and… Teah… Blog… Haha
    Have a great day!
    Best

2. corinna says:

i’m a lazy blogger as well 😉
    you should really go to berlin soon, i’m sure you’d love it! and while you’re there, you shoudl really visit the “schwarze truhe” shop, the one that’s on one of the magazine scans!

3. Kamicha says:

What a timing, I’m going to Berlin on Wednesday!

4. jenn says:

Oh, I adore Stil In Berlin – nowhere near as much as I adore Berlin, it’s very almost my favourite city (New York is vying with it for the number one spot, but it’s been almost 2 years since I was there last and only 2 months since Berlin, so, yeah.)
    It’s just wonderful…if I knew enough German I think I’d be making tracks over there to live when I graduate…
    (must revise that GCSE work. An A must be worth something, even 5 years on!)
    jenn.x

5. mat buckets says:

i saw this the other day yeah, i want it. can’t be bothered with the postage, call me a christmas scrooge.

6. atelier says:

I am dying for going there!! A friend of mine went last week and she only thinks of coming back..
    I was wondering if you’d mind to be asked a few questions on designer shoes (Manolo Blahnik) to collaborate in my MA Research project? I was trying to email you but I don’t know why I can’t. Thanks!
    Why Fashion? – atelier2.55@hotmail.com

7. Why do I live in New Zealand…WHY…..?
    Come on Miss Bubble….the pressure is on….where’s your book? Tell you what, I’d buy it.

8. mary says:

I am happy it arrived safe! thanks so much for posting 🙂

9. Sabine says:

Berlin is great – in spring and summer. Winters can be dreadfully cold and rather depressing (suffered many, since I grew up there). Best way to get around: cycling. But even if you are not a cycling girl, I think you would really like it there, Susie. It’s quirky…
    I recently got a beautiful lace dress in Sterling Gold and the owner told me the shop is really popular with girls from London looking for unusual May Ball dresses. Sabine x

10. Iris says:

im also dying to go to Berlin, even without knowing about the vintage shops. besides the average vintage shops around brick lane there isn’t much else here in london is there?
    check out this online vintage shop, you might like it:

11. I’ve only been to Berlin once when I was 11 years old, so it’s basically the same as having never been there at all hahah. I’d love to go there again now that I could explore on my own and actually get to see the city properly, it seems amazing.

12. KD says:

Oh, travel! Why I want to be wealthy. Selfish but true.

13. Hey Susie, thanks so much for the insight here!
    Make Lemonade x

14. Josie says:

wooo i literally just pressed the check out button to go to berlin!
    will NEED that vintage fashion guide!

15. amanda says:

i was only there briefly but have to agree, you’ll love it. this guide would have come in handy as i heard the vintage shopping was amazing there but i had no idea where to start so only found a few shops that yielded little. i might have to pay the postage and order this baby so i’m better prepared next time!

16. Nicky says:

I lived in Berlin for part of the summer and can say say that it is definitely the number 1 city for vintage! Here’s a list of some particular favourites…
    Nicky x

17. suky says:

coooome to see us….cooooooome to berlin….(lure)!
    but make sure it´s in summer.