>> To call this Natascha Stolle dress my 'slummin' it' dress could be a bit of an insult to Natascha but I did remember a distinctly embarrassing moment when at the New York IFB Dress-Up Soiree when I was gesticulating to my Fannie Schiavoni chain dress, saying that it was 'casual' for me and Mr Newton (loving his new site…) said "Only someone like Susie would consider a chain dress 'casual'" or something to that effect…

So what I'm really trying to say is that my version of 'slummin' it' is by no means a slide down the road towards trackie bottoms and Uggs.  That said, this dress from Natascha Stolle's A/W 09 collection has the sort of makings of something incredibly 'cas'…the loose shape, the oversized proportions, the GREY JERSEY (needs capitals of course…).  I ordered the dress aaaages ago and promptly forgot I had bought it until I went to pick it up at the BFC showroom in Paris during London Fashion Week and it was only when I put it on for the first time that I noticed all the things that pulls it back from being a giant sweater for sitting in and watching repeats of My Sweet 16 (thank you MTV marathon…) and eating pickled quail's eggs.

DSC_0459

DSC_0458 DSC_0471

The silk 'boob' draping at the front that wafts about in front of the sweater dress, the grey gauzey lining that is revealed when you roll up the sleeves and the best part I think; the simple knot at the back that makes the collar dip lower, in a similar fashion to a kimono to reveal the neck (considered to be slightly erotic and beautiful…).  So with all those things combined, whilst the dress will be a winter comfort especially when I layer it over Uniqlo heat tech tees, it also dances between demure and dressy, in the way that Natascha Stolle has tried to establish with the rest of her collection…

DSC_0473

… and her S/S 10 collection which I peeked at in Paris… she's finally figured out a way to make the stone pebbling 'effect' production friendly by using patent leather…

IMG_4001 IMG_3999

Natstolle2
Natstolle3
Natstolle4
Natstolle6

1. Love these pieces, her collection is stunning. You dress is fantastic, especially the draping in back. Those unique little twists on a common fabric really make the dress.
    Speaking of the NYC IFB party, it was lovely to finally meet you!

2. Love these pieces, her collection is stunning. You dress is fantastic, especially the draping in back. Those unique little twists on a common fabric really make the dress.
    Speaking of the NYC IFB party, it was lovely to finally meet you!

3. Love these pieces, her collection is stunning. You dress is fantastic, especially the draping in back. Those unique little twists on a common fabric really make the dress.
    Speaking of the NYC IFB party, it was lovely to finally meet you!

4. Love these pieces, her collection is stunning. You dress is fantastic, especially the draping in back. Those unique little twists on a common fabric really make the dress.
    Speaking of the NYC IFB party, it was lovely to finally meet you!

5. Kirsten says:

i love every piece! you look beautiful, as usual! I really enjoy your blog :o)
    {uninhibited fashion blog}

6. Shani Spivak says:

First of all – your dress is very interesting, there’s something sexy about a skinny woman dressed in baggy.
    I loved the combination with tights.
    about “squares”collection – are also very nice, I liked especially the pants.
    🙂

7. That pebbling effect is really cool, love the black on black look.

8. I love that black on black too.

9. I think the pebbling effect looks a bit like croc skin, it looks amazing on the leggings!

10. cassie says:

great collection. love your dress, the detail on the back is really nice, im sucker for detail on the back of clothes!
    styling with the gloves makes it x

11. Mumbling Elf says:

The pebbling effect looks great, I can’t stop staring at it. Although not so sure about those black and white trousers. Interesting biro-scribbled hair, whats going on there?!

12. sabrina says:

these t shirts and leggins are pretty cool!

13. FASHION SNAG says:

love the shirts!
    “http://www.fashionsnag.com

14. Isabel says:

I love the concept behind that sweater dress. Plus, it looks comfy!

15. Taylor says:

Wow that pebbling is incredible- so simple, but it creates the coolest effect. The black on black looks amazing!

16. I LOVE this dress on you Susie, especially that detail folding at the back and hooray for HeatTech, I don’t think I can go through another London winter without their tees and leggings!x

17. that’s a fabulous black dress you have one! we know it’s not really a dress but we’re going to pretend it is anyway. love it, very margiela!

18. Really admire Natascha Stolle’s work … knew her while she was at Saint Martins and at her graduate show, lots of people we’re very interested in her work. Not surprised she’s doing well.

19. Becca says:

I love the pebbling look – it looks great on the leggings.

20. miss sophie says:

oh i love love love the natascha dress. the chiffony waft of fabric draping down the front is so genius. trompe l’oeil done just right.

21. Suzanne says:

the dress is so fascinating! love it 🙂
    xx

22. Chloe says:

the scaly leggings would look so cool with a pair of alexander mcqueen sea creature shoes!

23. Alice Le says:

Great dress. I love the kimono style draping in the back. I want those yellow pebbling leggings in the last picture so badly!

24. Raquelle says:

Words cannot express my love for that dress…