>> When leopard afficionados Roberto Cavalli goes all countrified and dainty on you for S/S 10 you know something has got to give.  Still, it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to go to Cavalli for patchwork florals when some people have been doing it ever since they started out.  Lu Flux, an Edinburgh graduate is an… ethical designer (buzz buzz 'e' word…) who uses salvaged or organic fabrics and traditional knitting and patchwork techniques to make her clothes.  In the past, her collections may have danced around the folksy line too closely for me, but her S/S 10 has hit patchwork haven by exaggerating the variety of fabrics with a scalloping detail that is best seen in the second image below.

It's the kind of gardening/picnic/country attire where if I was ACTUALLY wielding a shovel or erm… walking along a country trail, I'd get sniggers for not being properly dressed.  Like the exaggerated cliched airhead version of 'outdoors' dressing.  This is making Lu Flux's collection sound awful but I am saying that it's something of a good thing to be a little cartoonish and overly literal.

On a separate note, the collection is called "The Eco Life of Riley"… which makes me think of Rilo Kiley as I can definitely see frontwoman Jenny Lewis rocking some of this, with a straw hat and vintage espadrilles…

Luflux1

Luflux2

Luflux3

Luflux4

Luflux5

1. i absolutely adore the use of patchwork florals, it’s not really me but if i saw someone wearing this on the street i would think they were pretty awesome xx

2. Brigadeiro says:

LOVE the gorgeous floral prints, scalloped, patchworked in such gorgeous colours/shapes!!!
    xx

3. enc says:

This stuff is pretty clever.
    (I saw Rilo Kiley open for Coldplay (in San Diego) some years ago, and people didn’t know who they were. Are they a big deal in the UK?)

4. I’m really into patchwork right now. I’m dying for a pair of olf-fashioned quilt-style patchwork leggings!

5. Georgie says:

Yes, yes, yes. I think I need that giant patchwork bird outfit. That is seriously amazing. I love your blog too by the way.

6. Eline says:

I just looked through her collections and she has salopettes with BEAR HEADS on them! I think I’m in love!

7. k says:

I recognized those shoes!
    she’s great…

8. When you casually mentioned the scallop edges in the second pic I wasn’t expecting to scroll down to something so birdylicious! If only I could get over my sewing fear I could attempt my own Peggy Patch outfit..

9. Tomorrow says:

quikey individual. all the things I love!!! what more to ask!

10. Very different from anything we’ve seen recently. Love the first and third outfits, definitely my faves, beautiful shapes on the skirts.

11. olaitan says:

hmmm…not quite sure how i feel about this…possibly a loss for words…but i will say i love the crimson red quilted bottom @ the end of the 1st dress.
    k.thats all.

12. so in love with this collection and her previous ones. delishhh.
    i do so wish i could have so of these beauts in my wardrobe.
    bigcitylittleshoes.blogspot.com

13. Nina says:

Lately I am very much into embroidery and quilt, and I just love love how it is translated to into clothes on this photos…