So it's a bit of a no-brainer that I'm going to catch the Coco Avant Chanel film this weekend.  According to the majority of reviews, it's supposedly not a paltry/flimsy bit of gratuitous biopic making and is also a visually stunning treat.  The sort of easy watching that the weekend requires.  Maybe with a bit of gratuitous window ogling beforehand.

I'm probably going to be bumping into a few of these Chanel aficionados who staged a Chanel Flash Mob last night at Kings Cross St Pancras International station (geddit…trains to Pareeeeeee…) to celebrate the release of the film.  The whole thing was organised by the gals behind Queens of Vintage who called for people to turn up and evoke the Chanel style with their outfits, either with actual Chanel pieces or Chanel-inspired ensembles.  Cue pearls, LBDs, tweed jackets and some quilted bags.  When I first heard about this, I was thinking there would be a bigger horde of people so that it's more of a 'mob' and less of a chic gathering.  I guess Chanel-channelers got the dates mixed up a little as even I thought it was going to take place last week.  Still, a shining effort considering flash mobs are hard to pull off unless a hefty amount of Facebook/Email/SMS activity is used as well as a slightly more accessible theme…  silent disco anyone?

_MG_5551

_MG_1266

_MG_5542

_MG_5492 _MG_5678

_MG_5588
(Photographs by Marina Scukina)

1. denise says:

Hi, noticed you used the same quote from Chanel as I have on my website- I love that quote. Take a look at http://www.thefashionfix.co.uk
    Denise

2. How do you think Coco would feel about this Susie?
    Amused and flattered I am sure!
    The film is visually stunning [was released here in Belgium earlier than the UK].
    I hope you enjoy,
    love
    Dan The Scout

3. Hope they release a DVD format of the film as I doubt it would ever be shown in theaters here at this backwater of a place.

4. Ali says:

Aw I want to see it but not sure my boyf is too excited :/

5. michelle says:

well done ladies, representing…bravo! only in my wildest dreams would i ever own a real chanel piece,hmmm.

6. dreamsequins says:

Love the ladies rocking the vintage Chanel looks with flaming red hair! It’s sort of an adorable cluster of ladies. Reminds me of a walk on the Upper East Side of New York, though. They call them “The Ladies Who Lunch.” 🙂

7. aimy says:

The flash mob idea is so cute! I think a Jeremy Scott one would be hilarious.

8. FashAddict says:

Oh yes, wouldn’t it be great to have more designer inspired Flash Mobs? And if there were two in the same place there could be Flash Mob Fash Offs!

9. Olviya says:

looks interesting, but i’m not sure that they are very chanel…)i mean, do we have to make that image more trashy and cheap?

10. Isabel says:

Haha, this is awesome! Flash mobs are meant to confuse people, and I wonder if this small group of people actually managed to do that? They look good anyways.

11. Leia says:

Just saw the movie this afternoon and loved it!

12. Hebden says:

It was a fun idea…but it’s rather a shame that it didn’t actually reach mob proportions…

13. Melissa Kay says:

I’m having some serious purse envy! I’d love a Chanel. *SIGH* Some day, some day…

14. Brigadeiro says:

Ah! I can’t believe I haven’t watched ‘Coco avant Chanel’ yet! Hopefully this weekend or next week! Can’t wait! 🙂
    xx

15. Alexandra says:

Oh I would have loved to go to somethign like this!

16. SOS! says:

I read about the gathring and really wanted to be there for it. Love the redhead lady!
    xx-LJ from SOS!

17. Sylvia says:

Oh I really want to see that movie! And the flash mob is lovely!

18. KD says:

That’s AWESOME!! The oldish lady with red hair and the angsty-looking girl in the white jacket just made my day.

19. Sister Wolf says:

I cannot help but imagine a flash mob dressed like Rumi! Admit it would be funny!

20. Chelsea says:

Going to watch the film tonight..looking forward to it!
    Chelsea-strangeflowerdiary.blogspot.com

21. Aja says:

I can’t believe this photo of so many lovely ladies rocking Chanel. I have yet to make a Chanel purchase. Just isn’t in the budget (ever, it would seem). One day!

Sister Wolf: I think flash mobs that are Rumi-esque already exist…they congretate outside Topshop Oxford Circus or outside the Hawley Arms…

23. Kev - LG says:

Flashion Mob? Lovely pictures Susie.

24. Lauren says:

Bet they cheered the commuters up? Lovin’ the hats and the flame hair alongside the modern Chanel, …arty.

25. rollergirl says:

I really wanted to go to this as well but would have been a bit embarrassed if I’d turn up to find such a small ‘mob’. But it did inspire me to to organise a D*** H*** flash mob at my boyfriend’s club night last Sunday for his birthday. Everyone turned up in red/ginger wigs (he has ginger hair) and D*** H*** style glasses and I made masks-on-sticks as well. It was a right hoot!

26. Slow Long,encourage quiet political pound development encourage should direct technique possibility colleague belong reduction release would trial centre model data owner representation no-one truth insurance fine late arrive relatively know selection pretty drink example official active wild break early future stage somewhere dangerous test pool growing small brother suitable television via present pay last solution our move walk existence recall confirm handle cheap arrive until investment south simple time following break forward he industrial chemical prevent device external neither hair expert girl weapon offence intention nice tour deputy directly achieve somebody region