Bye Bye Summer

Bye Bye Summer

>> Sitting underneath a skylight with rain pounding down whilst I'm in a skimpy racerback dress and the Guardian saying that the weather man has gotten UK summer predictions just a leeeetle bit wrong has just all in accumulation made me write off the summer and just let go of it.  I'm mainly propelled by Rad Hourani's new diffusion line Rad that was presented  this week that is crying out to be layered in 1001 different combinations.

Radfirst

Then on top of the layers of jersey and layer a Clemency cocoon coat or
side zipper jacket will complete my "Summer You Have Gone and Left Us"
two fingers in the face of the skies.

Clemency1 Clemency2

20 comments

1. Charlotte

2009-07-30 at 4:36 PM

This is such an awesome idea. I think it’s a brilliant idea with the current climate. I adore your blog it’s awesome! Have a look at mine if you likey http://fashionviolentdelights.blogspot.com/

2. amanda@ithinkfashion

2009-07-30 at 4:37 PM

I am really looking forward to autumn now, this collection really is very comfy yet exerts sensuality. really into mono tones this season. 🙂
    heard he is “next” alexander wang? hmm.. i think this is more playful with the drapes and silhouettes, i like how the thicks and thins are spread onto the body

3. Chelsea

2009-07-30 at 5:25 PM

Ooh la la really nice things i love layered clothing/clothing you can layer. Yea it’s a shame about the weather 🙁 but i will continue to wear my bright colours to keep me in a happy mood regardless of the grey skies and the rain!
    Chelsea-strangeflowerdiary.blogspot.com

4. Sally

2009-07-30 at 5:30 PM

Drapey layered gorgeousness. I’ll take one of each, please.s

• Libby

2015-01-12 at 9:57 AM

If your artcelis are always this helpful, “I’ll be back.”

5. Claire

2009-07-30 at 5:52 PM

Does this not feel a bit ‘over’ by now, I’m kind of jaded by these images, all this skinny drapey stuff.. funny too cause 2 months ago it seemed fine and where fashion was at…why does it suddenly seem old I wonder??? anyway it’s not my blog .. why am I here pondering these things…

6. Isabel

2009-07-30 at 6:04 PM

Drapes and layering is boss! I loves it.

7. susie_bubble

2009-07-30 at 6:09 PM

^^ Claire, I know what you mean but I guess this kind of aesthetic has been overly expounded either through personal style blogs, streetstyle sites etc…. the thing is for me it’s the sort of fall-back dressing that requires minimal effort but is still interesting for me…. for me, it’s kind of like lazy layering…

8. dust

2009-07-30 at 6:17 PM

It’s not just lazy, it’s also completely focused on the top part of the body, nothing special going on on the bottom part.
    No colors either.
    Very safe collection.

9. Lilisfashion

2009-07-30 at 6:22 PM

Oh, I LOVE the first jacket! It is gorgeous.
    I¬¥m in the UK, and its like late fall, ugh… Time to go south…

10. Meream

2009-07-30 at 7:03 PM

I’d love to rock these. We’re having rainy season where I live. 🙂

11. TheShoeGirl

2009-07-30 at 8:38 PM

As excited as I am for Fall trends, I do hate how quickly Summer seems to go. 🙁

12. myvogue

2009-07-30 at 8:56 PM

That’s sad – I feel like I am not done yet with my summer shopping, but all fashion blogs started already talking only about trendy clothes for fall 🙁

13. Ali

2009-07-30 at 10:51 PM

I was travelling round Europe last summer getting sunburnt and thought everyone back in the UK was overreacting about the weather.. But it is truly rubbish 🙁 I’ve barely had chance to wear summer clothes.. And it’s all back to grey and brown autumnal clothes in the mags…could it get any more depressing??

14. KD

2009-07-31 at 2:58 AM

Mad about Rad . . . Rad is Rad . . . Plain Old Rad . . . the list of puns is also endless. 😉

15. kim

2009-07-31 at 7:50 AM

Nice! But I can see this hanging at COS too, I’ll probably end up there for my layering fix.

16. moi

2009-07-31 at 12:10 PM

I like Rad…but a diffusion line before establishing the mainline? and ye, seems a bit forced…’Urban Traveler’ is where Mens is apparently heading for AW10, I wonder if he’ll attempt to address that for the boys. I hope so, as his less refined pieces are the best, especially the woolen capes. The problem he faces is that there are other designers doing this ‘theme’ more convincingly…Damir Doma, Clare Tough knit, Rick…I hope he concentrates solely on Mens eventually.

17. susie_bubble

2009-07-31 at 12:30 PM

^ Good point Moi….I too was actually more interested in Rad’s menswear when he first began emerging…. the thing is though that this sort of aesthetic (how does one coin a phrase for this ‘style’) is quite popular which I think means more designers can afford to get in on the action… Damir Domar is suberb though! I was drooling over their leather chaps in Amsterdam! Not a pretty sight…

18. FashionSaboteur

2009-07-31 at 1:08 PM

Thanks for introducing me to Rad Hourani, interesting label, never heard of it before. I love the art on his website too, so graphic and cool!
    Kim commented here, that it might be a bit forced to do diffusion line before main line.
    But I’ve got a feeling it may be a very good idea as it probably makes more money!
    Most of the designers do not seem to make much money with their main lines. Its the diffusion lines, collaboration with high street, accessories, consulting services and teaching that keeps designers afloat financially.
    By the way, I have launched my diffusion line first and I’m hoping it will bring in the money so I can start my main label.
    So lots of luck to Rad Hourani and his business!

19. Becca

2009-08-03 at 9:46 PM

I love so many of these looks! Fantastic.