>> I seem to be apologising A LOT lately but really, the week hasn't panned out exactly how I hoped.  a) I thought I would get a lot more blogging done in real time.  Sadly not because in between the shows, I've had to catch up on work emails and do my Dazed work as well as meeting n' greeting peeps.  The list of grads to talk up is about as long as my arm and even though graduate fashion week officially ends tonight with the Gala, for me, their work still deserves to be talked up.  The attention on them might well be concentrated into this one week period but they'll still be carrying their graduate collections with them for a while yet.  So the GFW posts will keep going beyond the week…. apologies for the confusion in advance… oh and the absence of menswear will be rectified… have got a fair amount of names to talk up there as once again, menswear at GFW is strong strong strong…

De Montford's show was chock full of deets and handiwork and Daisy Patridge's collection of complex pastel ensembles made me smile.  They fit the bill of the type of garden tea party outfits that I'd like to wear as opposed to actual tea dresses.  I even started devising a modern tea party soundtrack in my head when I was watching the show…

Daisy1 Daisy2

Daisy4 Daisy5

Daisy6 Daisy3

Ravensbourne was full of stonkingly good collections and this is just the tip of the iceberg but Sian Lendrum's concept of black organza pieces over colour was quite a simple one and in a good way, reminded me of my favourite tights trick of putting black sheers over opaque colour.

Sian1 Sian3

Sian4 Sian2

1. Caroline says:

Amazing collections! Have you checked out swedish sandra backlund’s collection – think it might be something for you. http://www.sandrabacklund.com
    I just stumbled over it in an article.. it’s really something.
    xx, caroline

2. melody hogan says:

bonjour!
    susie i don’t know any other way how to say this, but you are my fashion idol. you combine everything i love about the material world (though it tends to go beyond a material love). you’re able to follow some sort of trend without looking like everybody else. you certainly are one of a kind. everytime i come online i anticipate how will you fascinate me.
    thankyou very much,
    melody

3. Hineahi says:

Sian Lendrum’s collection looks pretty cool- layering summers brights with a sheer black shirt etc would look really good in autumn weather and another way to get more wear out of clothing.

4. Leila Wylie says:

I could look at paper bag waists forever.

5. sarah jones says:

no mention of Epsom, one of the best shows by far in my opinion, definately needs a mention!!!

Yo Sarah…as I said…I’m getting there, getting there! I’m really really effing tired… so please, just give me a chance as I still need to see portfolios etc…

7. Gemma says:

I love the pastel colours and those first two hats are so unique and kinda cute looking. x

8. Jen says:

Whoop for Sian and Daisy. Both of them were in took textiles at my school! I’m beginning to think maybe my school wasn’t as rubbish as I initially thought!
    I loved Sians collection, she said she had another 3 colours but her tutors didn’t put them in! Would’ve been amazing to see a 10 outfit line up.
    Hope you get a good rest after today!

9. Wowser…those colours are so beautiful and sherbety, Elie Saab’s been tapping into those shades recently but not with that intensity, just amazing.

10. Style Spy says:

Oh, I love the sheer black over color — makes me want to swathe myself in tulle!

11. Nicole says:

I have to say, I’m quite in doubt about the tea time look, espaecially because we don’t have tea parties in Germany.

12. sd says:

wow
    these two collections do interesting things w/color

13. Brigadeiro says:

Those pastel colours look good enough to eat, I especially love the pale blue outfit! 🙂
    xx

14. KD says:

The “Modern Tea Party” ensembles are absolutely stellar – I like the black organza but I want to like it more. The problem is it seems to me – dare I say it? – as though those pieces are meant for older people.

15. Caroline says:

DE montford´s collection reminds me of Luella´s ss09. The pastel colours and the headdress.