>> Apologies that I can't find better images of the lovely Florence Welch (Florence and the Machine) performing at Glasto (no I wasn't there…were you?) but Getty is the best I can do.  Last week, I was having a love affair of Roksanda Ilincic's lacquered flowers for Whistles and the flame-haired songstress has taken the flowers to another level adorning her band's drumkit and mic with slightly dishevelled blooms.  More to the point, the gold and black roses adorn her stage outfits which oddly are designed by Topshop, exclusively for Florence.  I say odd, only because high street stores don't tend to do custom designs for people, especially ones that aren't going to be sold in-store.  Still, Topshop have gotten onto that stage train with gusto and given Florence fringed capes, shoulder pieces, giant rose embellishments and custom-fitted tulle sleeves for her to flutter around…

**EDIT** Found better images courtesy of Roger Sargent…

Flor22

It does pain me a little that these shoes that Topshop also made for her won't be sold but does tempt me into a simple DIY task with some fake flowers and grosgrain…

Flor44

Flor33

florencesketch
I was going to post the original video for Rabbit Heart (Raise it Up) but I've decided the Jamie T/Lionheart dance remix is actually pretty good, equalling the original if not surpassing…

1. Oh my gosh!
    I’m really impressed….her outfits are amazing, I love it!!!!!!!!
    Want her blouses and shows right nowww!!!
    please topshop, sell them!!!

2. If your into shiny lacquered flowers check out Make Believe http://makebelieve.myshopify.com/ I just did a post on their beautiful, and huge, necklaces. They are so Susie. http://fashionhayleyhome.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-am-in-love.html
    Also thanks for the lovely comment, I won’t quit blogging and I won’t let the haters get to me. It’s just hard sometimes. Thanks, xoxo

3. francina. says:

i can’t believe topshop made her stage outfit out of sheer goodwill and are choosing not to sell it in store? suspicious. i still love her, topshop or not :).

4. Ravishing garden splendour with gothic twist indeed – good on TS fro creating the outfit.

5. Brigadeiro says:

I like the drawings! And I’m sure you’ll make the DIY floral shoes fab! 🙂
    xx

6. La Fee says:

ooh did you see the article in British Vogue that featured pictures of her room and some of her favourite clothes?? I had a serious case of wardrobe envy!!!

7. Eliza says:

I can’t wait to see how you confection yourself a pair of floral heels. I’m sure it’ll be great! I also love the illustrations…

8. Chic Looks says:

i love florence and the machine so much, oh yes and the british vogue feature of her room is a dream, i loveesss it, also you know the green floaty dress she wore in the Rabbit Heart video, isnt it gorgeous, i reckon you should do i DIY take on those shoes.

9. Roze says:

i was in the front row at glastonbury, completely the most euphoric experience ever. we all wondered what she was doing while she was changing outfits

10. Tam says:

i actually LOVE florences music !
    and topshop!!! <3
    haha love it 🙂

11. ali says:

Love love love Florence X <3
    I've been waiting soo long for the album to be released... She has great style and is just beautiful...every time I see her red hair I get serious envy! If I have a daughter i'm calling her Florence!
    Thanks for the Jamie T mix, I like it but still prefer the original.
    Sheesh, I dunno if I could stand in those shoes, let alone climb the stage!

12. Isabel says:

The costumes are amazing – I want to listen to this band now!

13. KD says:

Those are some amazing costumes!

14. selina says:

topshop are such a designing force right now, who next? i see they were doing something with the la roux album on the site, and they already kitted out natasha khan, maybes they’ll design for her next??

15. Male Mode says:

Can anything better Cosmic Love though?
    Love love love her style, and I’m not one for florals particularly but these are sufficiently muted to entice me.
    /Male-Mode.com

16. ellio100 says:

stunning an beautiful, thanks for picking it up susie. Who knows, maybe ts will make some up and sneak them instore…

17. Rosie says:

saw florence at the bloomsbury ballroom last month, it was amazing, the stage was even more covered in flowers and antique bird cages. For her encore she wore a very similiar dress to the one in the rabbit heart video. The supports, fandeath and golden silvers, were brilliant too

18. mens fashion says:

Love Florence & The Machine and their music… went to their concert and she has great voice