Nikiogals

I enjoy a good old dance around the fine line between bad and good taste.  In fact, I do hopscotch jumps between the two with so much vigour that even my PE teacher would be proud of me, given that I bunked off so many of those horrid PE lessons (hockey in particular….beurk….).  Today, the dance is a treacherous one as I contemplate this joyous cat tapestry suit, matching bag and shoes.  It's the singular most mind-bending look from Indonesian designer Nikicio's otherwise perfectly chic vol 4. collection.  Most of the other looks from the collection resemble the gang of oversized blazers and uniform cool type pieces.  The cat tapestry is some sort of mind-blip digressions in designer Nikicio's mind that actually stems from her love of dogs and dislike of cats.  The love hate thing that can similarly relate to the good/bad taste dance I'm doing.  Do you hate it so much that you love it?  Is it so bad that it's good?  Those sort of questions that flash across my head as I'm hopscotching about…

My final conclusion is that if I'm gonna do it, ALL four items have to be worn at the same time in order to truly embrace the cackness of it all…

Catnikicio

1. John says:

Wowzer. I think it looks nice in a photoshoot. Difficult to pull off in real world though without looking like a dick. I agree with the “if you’re going to do it, you may as well do it properly” attitude – wear it all at once. If anyone can pull it off Susie you can!

2. wow. that’s a showstopper. and i like it. perfectly wrong.

3. SuzannaMars says:

It is perfectly criminal that she missed the opportunity to do a companion chapeau, without which, I am afraid, this outfit is incomplete.
    To come this far and then trail off without the sublime final punctuation of something like a newsboy cap is a terrible tragedy for fashion.
    Gloves, though, would be deadly. It’s a fine line between aesthetic and horror.
    Don’t fall for it, SB. This designer is incomplete and afraid of completion.

4. Christine says:

The cat suit all together make me kind of cringe, but I can imagine wearing the skirt for laughs!

5. Sarah A. says:

Im completely obsessed with her. I ordered several pieces from Oneandahalf so once they come and I can see her work in person Ill probably be snagging most of her latest collection.

6. Interesting! I definitely couldn’t pull off the four pieces all at once, but I’d like to try them one by one. Especially the skirt and the bag. Lx.

7. Clare says:

I love the collection and all the catty references. I think head to toe tapestry cat is always a good look!

8. selina says:

you just gave me a cat print obsession…

9. Brigadeiro says:

The cat print’s not for me, but LOVE the blazers and pieces in the 1st pic! 🙂
    xx

10. Jaranian says:

I love the entire last ensemble!

11. angelina says:

just loved it!!!

12. faddict says:

I’m not sold on it, to be honest. But if you do decide to wear it, I think you should probably tote around a real live cat as well just to complete the look!

13. natty says:

Im actually a fan! But then Ive always been a “it’s so disgusting I love it” type of person. You should see some of the horros lurking in my wardrobe from when I indulged that part of my personality!

14. um wow i can’t believe i went to the same high school as nina nikicio did. She’s so famous now. hahaha and yeah she got some fantastic pieces!!

15. ILOVEGLAM says:

BRAVO TO INDONESIAN DESIGNER…..GO NIKICIOOOO!!!!