IMG_1104
Some things just don't go away and you can call me passe or tell me to get over it but a certain Light and Fantastic editorial for UK Vogue from well over a year ago still lives on inside my head and ODDLY enough, yesterday, I reminisced over an outfit that I wore precisely a year ago (ok, 26th Jan 2008…close enough…) and got into my head that I simply had to wear an abundance of grey with neons… even if my DIY neon ball top is going to give me a lumpy boob effect (is lumpy boob better than no boobs?).  So with more cut-up tights, as I did a year ago and a new S Loves C Spring & Clifton studded top (neon studs…hmmm…the mind reels…) I did a bit of outfit regression that was also partially inspired by my chipping pink nails.

I'm guessing until I fulfill the entire pastel ruffly clutch with pale blue fantasy, that editorial won't be fully obliterated from my mind…
IMG_1095

(Zara grey jumper, DIY neon pom pom top, Spring & Clifton studded top, Unconditional grey skirt, UO tights, cut-up pink tights over arms, yellow and pink lace tights cut-up over Faith white shoes)

1. Brigadeiro says:

Ooh! I love both takes on ‘neon’, but I think the ‘new’ version is even more gorgeous! Love it with the soft grey, and the DIY pom pom top…just brilliant!

2. Winona says:

Eeeeek Susie if I saw you wearing this in the street I would run up and nuzzle your cheeks and squeal with glee! It’s such a bright, happy little outfit!

3. DJM says:

That Vogie editorial was cut out and pasted in my scrap book. It also had a huge effect on me (although not enough to actually try the look out!)

4. Honey, your blog is so fabulous you are one of the recipients of the “Your Blog is Fabulous” award – check my site! Love, love, love what you’re doing!!!

5. Mathilde says:

oh miss bubble you are making me wish i had a wardrobe full of neons. unfortunately i know that if i try this out i won’t look anywhere near as fab as you!
    love the neon studs.
    Mathilde x

6. WendyB says:

Clothes should always be this cheerful.

7. Giselle says:

ive tried the whole “color” thing but it dosnt seem to catch on…im going to have to keep living vicariously through you.

8. Sal says:

Love it all, but the bits of tight at your ankles are such a fantastic touch!

9. Gintare Sake says:

the cutest ice-cream cone in faded dream!

10. kirsty lee says:

I saw the pics at shouted ‘Light and Fantastic’ in my head before I even read the text.
    It’s seems sill to say – as I increasingly wear only grey and black – but it has to be one of the most inspiring editorials ever.

11. You love your colours and grey jersey don’t you! Looks amazing, have you worn this out and about in London yet? You’d deffentatly make a few people smile through the grey miserable weather!
    Nicky X
    Fashbashsoundclash

12. Fannah says:

I love the effect of it! You have such a detailed mind, I’m jealous 😉

13. Kimandra says:

i’m impressed by your creativity!
    oh and thanks a lot for adding us to your link list!
    best, andra

14. I just love the whole idea of pairing neon colours with a subtle colour like grey. it really stands out!

15. Love the last bit at the bottom. And I don’t think the lumpy boob effect is too bad – at least people can see what’s causing it. LOL.

16. mary says:

i like so much this style!!!
    😀

17. Mihal says:

they grey with neon is fabulous!! it looks so…right 🙂

18. SOS! says:

This outfit is so unique Ms Bubble, I love it so much. Neon is always a win for me, and pairing it with the neutral grey brings out the fluoro in a beautiful way! I’ve commented on your DIY pompoms before, and I think you should do more DIYs 🙂
    Also.. the top, sweater and skirt are the exact same shade, I actually thought this was a one piece dress..
    xx-LJ from SOS!

19. Ooooh neon studs!!! (sorry, not very intelligent comment, this outfit is bringing out the giddy side of me)

20. Maya says:

Your style is bright and colorful. I love it!

21. meredith says:

way cute idea! that’s awesome that you thought of neons that far ahead! cool you!!!

22. KD says:

I love this! Neon/gray is definitely something I’l be looking into in the future. Tell me, where do you find/buy these awesome but seemingly random little brands?

23. Eyeliah says:

Oh gorgeous, the neon with grey feels so fresh.

24. calamityjem says:

Yay, it’s the fabby DIY neon pom-pom top…I’m such a big fan of that! I’m yet too use the idea in a DIY of my own but it will be done at some point for sure 🙂

25. It feels Romain Kremer-ish (SS09)! I love it!

26. kim says:

I still remember that outfit too 🙂 it was one of the first posts I read on your blog.

27. Very good. Grey is best x

28. Helen-LG says:

I love this outfit! Especially the way the pompoms burst out of the Vneck!
    The little flash of colour on the ankles really seals the deal too, tying everything together. As someone else said it’s a very happy outfit, I bet you brought smiles to peoples faces in it!

29. I’ll never be over neon either. Lovely outfit, I like the Pompoms peeking out! Lol, great stuff!
    <3<3<3

30. Love this outfit! Your DIY pompom shirt is awesome. And the florecent accents pop really well off that pale grey.
    ~ Montreal Fashion Minds ~

31. Sunset says:

It’s like wearing children’s arts and crafts! I LOVE IT! And that studded top, I’m just about to steal that from you. 🙂

32. karina says:

hi..im starting a “save our Black opaque Tights” campaign ..to put an end to people deliberatly ripping and destroying Black opaque Tights,,before they become extinct..please feel free to sign>>>
    Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | delete | edit )