Ok, now I am properly eating my words (with mustard and gusto…) because I did go and buy something else in the sales… something quite unexpected…. a Vanessa Bruno top with an attached scarf and gradiated pink fringe.  Unexpected because though I had seen the top online before, it struck me as odd that it was Vanessa Bruno because of the addition of the gradiated fringe, a feature that doesn’t strike you as being very Bruno-esque, and also in the sale it was grossly reduced…from like ¬£300 down to….¬£61?!?  Eh?  (ok, so I had a Liberty 10% off members card and a VAT discount….but still…).  I’m not a mahussive Bruno fan seeing as I can never bear to part with my cash for items that whilst are great quality are a little on the simple side for me.  So an odd piece like this had to come home with me… and transformed into a half an hour play of draping and flinging around and finally into a flash animation…

Apologies for the music… mute it if you wish, but I’m breaking my ‘No Autoplay music’ rule to ring in 2009 with one of my favourite tracks of late… "Gifted" by N.A.S.A. feat. Kanye West, Lykke Li and Santogold (unlikely combo?)…promise I’ll switch it off later…probably tomorrow when a lot of us will most likely have a bit of a headache…

Also, had to post this card to embellish this already meda-heavy post…. a very Happy 2009 courtesy of Mishkin and wonderful eyelashes by Fred Butler

Happy2009mish

I’m off to wrestle with a wedding gown for tonight’s outfit….results posted tomorrow when I’m hungover and ill… hope everybody has a fantastic New Year’s Eve night whatever you choose to do…

No Comments

1. Tavi says:

So so good, Susie. You can wear it as almost anything! You could rule the world with that top, I bet. World Domination using Vanessa Bruno top/scarf fringe confusing GIFness…
    Oh! And happy new year, duh.

2. sophie says:

wooooo hoooooo, can’t wait for pony step tonight! Wish I had those amazzzzzzzzzing eyelashes to go with my outfit.

3. reeraw says:

cute! i was just reading cheap chic, and saw a piano shawl as sneek-a-peek skirt, the fringe very alluring on bare legs.

4. pretty face says:

Happy New Year right back at you!
    Wow, that top is stunning and that is a serious reduction. I suppose the reason it is so reduced is that, as you say, it is not typical Vanessa Bruno and so the average Vanessa Bruno customer wouldn’t buy it!

5. Alexandria J says:

Happy new years to you too! Love the shoes and top

6. Ailbhe says:

I think I need a Swash scarf. Like physically. I can’t actually move til I get one. It’s rather inconvenient. Seeing as it’s a new year-a-comin, would you care to link our blog-bluebirdsaresonatural.wordpress.com? Yes? Splendid. It’ll be epic. Not as epic as a Swash scarf though, but we’ll make do. x

7. KD says:

Happy New Year to you too! I love the top but sadly, I can’t see the flash. 🙁

8. geri says:

happy new year!

9. Deana says:

lovely top. you are really finding all the deals:)

10. Sal says:

OK, maybe you wouldn’t have kicked yourself for passing this one up … but it sure is an amazing piece. Love it with the floral tights.
    And ya, talk about an unlikely combo: N.A.S.A., Kanye, Lykke Li AND Santogold? Proving that “too many cooks” doesn’t always hold true.

11. La Fee says:

That top is amazing, it must be so much fun to play around with! I would probably spend the entire day fiddling with the tassels because I’m a fidgeter 🙂
    And those eyelashes are great!
    Happy 2009!

12. Nini says:

Susie… Happy New Year…

Ah yes..KD… I assumed most ppl have flash enabled on their browsers…is this something you can activate….?

14. Melissa says:

yahoo for eyelashes!!!
    this top is exquisite – i have seen the dress and having been craving it ever since.
    wishing you the loveliest night and brilliant 2009!!!!
    x
    melissa

15. shayela says:

ridiculously awesome top that i didn’t expect i would like so much upon reading the description. and btw i’m wearing my black sequins out tonight (FINALLY) with a silk skirt and thought of you, except my outfits pale in comparison. haha.
    also, this delicious song on repeat = my workout soundtrack for today. thanks (:

16. lisa says:

Ooh I love those eyelashes!

17. rollergirl says:

ooh very zhuzhy and as you say, totally UN-Bruno. Have funny at Ponystep (?) and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

18. Alice says:

Happy new year, Susie. 🙂
    Hey, you should really consider getting this plug in:
    It’s called Disqus, a plug in that allows people to respond directly to each others comments.
    It’s so great! It works for Typepad perfectly, and is super easy to install. I know your readers would like it if you could reply directly to their comments. It emails them when you reply too.

19. WendyB says:

That New Year’s eyelashes picture is incredible.

20. Gian Cruz says:

Happy new year!!
    Enjoy that hang-over. It’s part of the fun! 😉

21. Michael says:

Really cool stuff.
    That song is my favorite, too.
    Happy new year’s from Texas!

22. Kit Lee says:

Happy New Year and have fun at the party!!!!

23. anijnas says:

There’s a huge gap after the first paragraph. I can’t see what’s underneath! Is it the flash animation thing? I want to see (and hear the music!)!!!

24. Hebden says:

VERY un-Bruno-ish…looks wonderful on you though. Plus, how can you pass up that kind of a discount?
    Have a great New Year’s eve…hope 2009 brings you everything you hope for.

25. happy 2009!!! hope you had a nice new years eve and didn’t end up near the toilet bowl..:P if you did, tragic but there’s a whole new yr to make up for it 😛

26. Audrey Anne says:

Love your blog honey! happy 2009!
    xoxo,
    aydrey anne

27. Sister Wolf says:

Thank you for bringing me happiness in 2008, I will expect some more in 2009! xoxo

28. Anonymous says:

That top will look amazing on you, I can tell.
    Happy new year, lovely Susie. I can’t wait to see your NYE photos x

29. mybeaumonde says:

happy new year… thank you for all your inspiration last year!!! x

30. Carrie says:

happy n’year !!!! love see u very very soon (again !!)

31. Ah petit garon and I are lounging in bed after hard partying last night and much appreciating your animation and the fab song which is a fav too Happy New Year!

32. dapper kid says:

Oooh looks fantastic! And I love the tights 🙂 Happy New Year!!

33. ambika says:

happy new year to you! You look amazing!

34. tasha says:

“hombre” fringe? As in, man fringe? Someone needs to proofread that site better.
    Looks great on you, though. Especially with the shoes.

35. selina says:

the lashes are amazing, and fringing looks so fun!

36. jaime says:

ahh absolutely so pretty and adorable! i love how you can pull off this unique look so stylishly!

37. Ev1ta says:

Happy New Year Susie!
    LoVe from the South of Spain. x. Eva.

38. KatGeorge says:

Great find Susie! I found the sales really disappointing but now I’m going to head to liberty in search of my own bargain. There’s some kind of primal desire to find bargains that overcomes me when the sales are on…

39. Sunset says:

Fantastic purchase, so glad you got it. The scarf seems easy enough to DIY, hmm..

40. Nil says:

Haha this is so cute Susie! Can’t believe the sale, from ¬£300 down to….¬£61? Really it was a fine catch!! Also the eyelashes are amazing Happy New Year!!

41. Nicole Then says:

nice tights! i love it

42. Brandon says:

As usual you always find the most amazing thing. Hope you have a wonderful 2009 just have to add, there is one piece of clothing I’m dieing to buy, a Madam T scarf from Issey Miyake. Its very simply a pleated scarf with a hole in the middle oh and its huge. it comes with an instruction booklet showing just about 8 different ways to wear it from scarf to kimono but the reality is it could probably be worn in hundreds of ways.

43. Adeline says:

I love everything form head to toe! Love how you wear those colorful tights, when I couldn’t find any ways to do it. Happy New Year!

44. Trisch says:

Happy new year, Susie! All the best to you in 2009, I look forward to reading your blog for another fun year 🙂

45. Helen-LG says:

Lovely card, thanks for sharing! And you look like you’re having so much fun with that new top, a very good buy – so versatile, unusual and enjoyable, do not apologise for buying it – you made the right choice!
    Happy 2009!

46. Justlovely5 says:

I am actually watching the flash to “Let’s Rock” by Chrisette Michele. LOL
    I love the looks. You are as cute as a bubble!

47. scarves says:

I agree that scarves can definitely show your creativity.

48. Loved that “Happy New year” eye lushes! Thanks for the idea!

49. I would try this one in 2011! Nice work by the way, very unique!