I always thought it was a little naff to give multiple things from one brand/label…. goes back to my distaste for crap gift sets from Boots/Superdrug/Bodyshop and the prepackaged thought-less, dumbed-down sets that most chain stores like to put together.  I labour over gifts, seeking things from all kinds of places, in the hope of giving a menagerie of loveliness (I’m not into giving ONE big thing, rather I like assembling packages made up of lots of things…. the same approach  extends to my love of dim sum/tapas/meze…).  However at Uniqlo, in the tights section, somehow they’ve made this exact selection of tights look particularly appealing and I can already see them wrapped up in some brown paper and tied up with string (can you tell that I’m a bit of a gift Nazi?)…

The colours in particular are striking for the hoisery selection at Uniqlo.  In general whilst wandering around the store running my hands over everything, the rainbow co-ordinated store layout is conducive to buying things for no particular reason… knitted ties in the mens section taking my fancy, rainbow fleeces and heat tech t-shirt packages… err… not giving away what Crimbo pressies people are getting here or anything…

Uniqlotights

1. ML says:

Oooh! That is such a cool gift idea. I think I’m going to take that approach for gifts this year too, getting a bunch of pretty little things is cooler than one sort of useless big present. 🙂

2. KD says:

I am sort of obligated to give gifts but I have no idea what to give so I always make some sort of paper-crane jewelry (its all the origami I know, sadly) for the womenfolk and random little things for dad and puny little instruments for my musical uncle. I guess I’ll have to pop down to Uniqlo to pick up some cheery tights~

3. Voodoo Child says:

That’s a really good gift idea! I might have to try that. Or just get a rainbow assortment of tights for myself…

4. serah-marie says:

I love that particular shade of purple…

5. Im so jealous that you UKers have uniqlo and we dont.

6. Sounds like a cute little store! That’s a great gift idea, too.

7. Tina says:

I’m the exact same way with gifts too – I love searching high and low for little things that can make up a memorable gift, rather than giving one big object.
    I really like the tights, though! The colors are so bright and cheerful. My favorite is the purple.
    Tina

8. Haha, those awful BodyShop gift sets were legend back in the 90s.. on the last day of school before the Christmas hols my primary school teacher always used to be presented with about six different ones by various well-meaning members of the class.. Sure she would have preferred these Uniqlo tights though!

9. jennine says:

you know those orange tights are crying for the corset cage thing…

10. miss woo says:

pretty bargainous at 2.99 too!

11. Jennifer says:

They don’t seem to be available online though 🙁
    Pity too as it would’ve made such a nice present to myself!

12. Kay says:

No, that sounds really cool! Imagine opening that, it would be a good moment. I really like the creating a package idea, it’s very thoughtful.
    I love Uniqlo, I wish they had more stores. I love how it’s so inexpensive but not for the same reasons of Primark which I will literally never ever buy anything from. Ever.

13. Aysha says:

Totally agree with your gift theory. Better assemble little fun little things that a big one. It lightens up the receivers smile… because you actually thought about it.
    Don’t forget to add a big bow!
    xoxo

14. enc says:

Whenever I see multiples of things in varied colors stacked together like that, I always want to buy the whole stack, just for the rainbow effect.

15. Brigadeiro says:

Great idea! And such gorgeous colours! They look good enough to eat!
    Ok, maybe not eat, but you get the gist…

16. K-Line says:

Susie: Feel free to send me over a package like this :-)! That’s a fun, creative and affordable gift. I too love to give a few little things from all over rather than one big thing. And I’m all into wrapping, which makes everything soooooo appealing.

17. naboonies says:

“prepackaged thought-less, dumbed-down sets” .. haha, must use that phrase!

18. Nicky says:

I’ve found my self doing the same thing this year, buying loads of interesting little things instead of one big thing! I’ve only just moved to London 3 months ago and maybe its the fact there is so much more here to choose from!
    Love those colours especially the orange!
    Nicky X

19. Sunset says:

Ah, I see what you mean! I would totally love to unwrap just those tights.

20. lisa says:

Those tights look delightful all together like that. I can’t say enough good things about Uniqlo’s heat tech camis.

21. kim says:

Yeah, try coming up with an original Christmas present for that one uncle you only see once a year who only asks for bird feeders (seriously) – every year I had to search around for a new one. He got about six of them already and now that he’s moved to an appartment I’m trowing in the towel and getting a prepackaged bodyshop deal me thinks. Or I’ll do a donation to Unicef in his name, the money’ll be better spent.
    For close(r) relatives & friends I do spend ages hunting for presents though. I’ve already bought two small ones for my brother last month, I also like giving loads of little things. That’s why I love the American idea of ‘stocking fillers’, those uniqlo thights would be perfect for that. Too bad we don’t have that tradition here. Too bad we don’t have Uniqlo here either 🙁

22. Hey Susie!
    Just simply love your style!
    Im an interior and a fashion designer in Iceland with a little shop called Volcano Design.. if you are interested please check out my homepage 😉
    I thought the christmas collection might be something you could be interested in!
    Otherwise keep up the good work, I for sure will keep on reading 😉
    Warm regards from Iceland
    Katla H

23. songy says:

I like that you’re a gift nazi.
    I like that you like meze, dimsum and tapas.
    That made me smile.

24. tommy says:

Ah that’s where those coloured tights went. I couldn’t find any nice colours at the store last week. However, I’ve become addicted to wearing their black leggings with black turtleneck. Somehow it makes me feel very ballet-esque Beatnik.

25. KatGeorge says:

I love uniqlo but everytime I go in there I seem to leave with about 17 things for my boyfriend and nothing for me!
    xx

26. pretty face says:

Be my best friend!

27. Thom Wong says:

I don’t even wear tights and I’d be well chuffed.