"Missing out the cracks in the pavement, and tutting my heel and strutting my feet…" is a lyric that comes to mind when I see these images of set/accessories designer Fred Butler which were shot for a DD My Style feature by Mishkin Mishkin and as decided by the accessory designer herself, she wanted to paint the street many colours, clashing/matching with the pretty pastel houses behind her.  She also makes me think of Chupa Chups, the good kind of soft toys, Rainbow Brite and other smile-inducing things and I need a smile or two right now.  She gives many style affirming statements in her Q&A including this one which also make me grin…

"The other major factor is that I wear
clothes to put me in a good mood and enjoy a day. I wear strong colours
to brighten up the gloom of modern city life. It provokes a mixed
reaction of either smiles in appreciation or jeers from the
stereotypical small-minded souls. "

Right on, Fred!  If I lived on pretty pastel house street (aka real estate heaven in London…), I’d be wanting to do top to toe monochromatic vivids as well…I also don’t have enough matching handbags and shoes…  I’ll work on that…

Img_4112_
Img_4182_

Img_4154__3
Img_4249_

Img_4196_ Img_4229_

Img_4293_
Img_4309_

Img_4356_

1. winnie says:

Oh wow, I really want a lavender painted house now. Gorgeous colours, what a fun photoshoot!

2. selina says:

having a penchant for candy coloured houses make this collection veeeery appealing! why is my wardrobe so dull?!

3. KD says:

Monochrome rocks! So do bright colors!

4. yu shan says:

wow i adore the sheer energy she projects in those pictures… way to brighten up a dull day (:

5. kim says:

Yay for those colours! I don’t have enough clothes to go head-to-toe in every colour, but during the summer I wore a head-to-toe shocking pink outfit to work from time to time. It made the Monday so much more bearable, though it did attrack a lot of stares & blinking from coworkers.

6. songy says:

Yeah you go girl. I’d go with all black head to toe. We will be a perfect/dreadful match depends who we ask. hehe

7. Mer says:

fun, i love them. And I specially like the last par of shoes!

8. So much colour! She looks like she’s having fun. I’m going to need to colour up soon myself now that the winter is well and truly coming in.

9. i am in love with that blue outfit!

10. Cate says:

I like her attitude. I also try to dress in a way that it brightens up my day, even if it’s all black – when it’s all black, I pretend I’m Johnny Cash ^

11. roxanne says:

what great images! i could take a cue from her when i’m suffering through my winter doldrums.
    also, i’m so glad to read about your san fran adventures! i received an email about the arts of fashion event (inexplicably), and since i there’s no way i would have been able to go, i was so happy to see your name on the list of panelists. i knew i’d get to live vicariously through you on this blog, and you haven’t let me down!

12. k says:

Hi susie! Random question — have you come across anyone close to Roland Mouret’s design style thats more affordable? I love his style and yet am desperately searching for more pocket friendly alternatives. šŸ™‚ Thanks!

13. I love those pictures, so full of life. Mmmm, yummy!

14. Gosh – the loction looks like Bristol as well, I was surprised it was London. Fab colour and contrast.

15. Sasha says:

This girl’s awsome.

16. hailey says:

Love these looks, I don’t thing I own enough solids in any standout color!

17. enc says:

Gorgous! I wish I had the guts to dress as lively as that.

18. Great photos and great outfits! Love monochromatic looks as it contrasts with everything around it! What a standout!

19. kirsty lee says:

it constantly depresses me that i could only do this in black or grey. shame on me.

20. Shayela H. says:

Adele? šŸ™‚
    And I prefer these fantastic colors to the drab neutrals other seems to think are appropriate for autumn?

21. JEn says: