That new shoe smell…

That new shoe smell…

As soon as I received my Tristan Blair wedges which were held at the post office depot because of custom charges (grrr…), I opened the box and inhaled them….yup, new shoes haven’t come my way for a long time and even after having had them for a few days, I keep getting a whiff of that fresh patent/leather smell (I’m also addicted to the smell of vinyl rubber…).  I haven’t had a chance to try them on with different stuff but just the feeling of new shoes reassures me  that I haven’t been lost of the fashion abyss of no-man’s land given my lack of opportunity to shop…. this is the week when things should pick up due to other packages arriving etc…

Seems like a bit of an obvious statement on a fashion blog but god bless online shopping.  I know I’ve always waxed lyrical about various e-boutiques but when I was a flitting around with bags of time, I did tend to do all my shopping in person… now the fact is, those e-boutiques that I’ve talked up have to be relied upon, with or without custom charges.  eBay isn’t even an option as my search time has been cut down too… I wistfully reminisce about those days of going through my eBay keyword routine at leisure with a cup of tea and five rich tea fingers (just the right amount to dunk your way through the tea…).

Tbwedge1

Tbwedge2_2

43 comments

1. Make Do & Mend

2008-09-01 at 5:34 PM

you meant it when you said you’d probably do damage with your shoes this season! Great when the little beauties arrive nothing like a package to add to the joy of the spoils of your eshopping kill.

2. Make Do & Mend

2008-09-01 at 5:34 PM

3. Make Do & Mend

2008-09-01 at 5:34 PM

4. Make Do & Mend

2008-09-01 at 5:34 PM

5. Make Do & Mend

2008-09-01 at 5:34 PM

6. miss sophie

2008-09-01 at 5:37 PM

those are the most interesting versions of the brogue i’ve seen. i love that your silver tights gives the entire shoe+tights a trompe l’oeil effect!

7. Indifferent

2008-09-01 at 5:51 PM

Shoes! These are to adore, not to wear! I love it when some pieces are so unique that they’re almost too awesome to wear them(out) but still…you have to show these babies to the world! BTW, at first I thought they were boots because of the silver legginngs…hey, now we know they would look great if they’d come in that shape! Wear them with joy!

8. floraposte

2008-09-01 at 6:03 PM

Lovely, lovely shoes! Can’t wait to see the whole outfit not just the silver leggings.

9. Jill

2008-09-01 at 6:31 PM

Those shoes are so insane! The shine is multiplied with the addition of the leggings. Definetly want to see these with some outfits.

10. Kate

2008-09-01 at 6:35 PM

sigh…that new shoe smell. The act of buying shoes isn’t complete without it ๐Ÿ™‚ and when they look that good it makes the purchase even better!!

11. lauren_a

2008-09-01 at 6:35 PM

My word! They’re amazing, get trying them on with all your other fantastic finds. Out of interest, please help me out: what was your eBay keyword routine!? I’m officially the worst ebayer of all time because I just end up spending a fortune on my lunch break every day. Doesn’t help that I work at Reiss either!
    Thanks Susie x

12. waxy

2008-09-01 at 7:01 PM

those shoes are to die for!!!

13. Dee

2008-09-01 at 7:20 PM

So. Shiny. Drool!

14. Katie Rosemary

2008-09-01 at 7:27 PM

Robot feet = mint. Fact.
    That’s genuine maths that is.

15. ivoreece

2008-09-01 at 7:37 PM

If I remember rightly, you posted some similar shoes here on your blog…
    And now they’re yours!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

16. yumiko

2008-09-01 at 8:09 PM

id love to see the whole outfit.
    your leggings look great with the shoes!

17. lisa

2008-09-01 at 8:10 PM

Great shoes! New shoes are always exciting.

18. I Used to Be A Teeny Bopper

2008-09-01 at 8:12 PM

Those shoeses are glorious!

19. WendyB

2008-09-01 at 8:22 PM

Those are crazy! I love them.

20. Anonymous

2008-09-01 at 8:25 PM

Those shoes are beautiful!

21. Shesdressingup

2008-09-01 at 8:35 PM

I hardly internet shop because Im never entirely sure what size I am in shoes or clothes, but packages arriving in the post is one of my favourite things ever, so I wish I did use online boutiques and ebay more.
    The shoes are just downright amazing.

22. Scaree Gee-Oh!

2008-09-01 at 8:40 PM

Just Scaree me-me-me… popping in to say I can’t walk in Xtian LoBooTIns… But luv the notion that people like him and agnes b hav hit Da Big Time without doing advertising… Would luv to see you again in London in October… Am launching a new bookzine about what’s movin in France… It’s called The New Waver…

23. Austere

2008-09-01 at 8:51 PM

Those shoes are amazing! I like them paired with the silver leggings.

24. Imelda Matt

2008-09-01 at 9:44 PM

Even though those wedges are from last summer – they still look fierce! btw nice find I didn’t think you’d be able to track them down.

25. Farren

2008-09-01 at 10:42 PM

patent shoes make my world go round. i’m not sure what it is about patent. but, i do believe more than 50 percent of my shoes are some form of patent. <3 i love that new shoe smell as well! and boo to customs charges. =/

26. Amber | CFS

2008-09-01 at 10:47 PM

I was amazed this weekend to find a wee shop near my house packed with a huge range of Melissa & Tristan Blair shoes! It’s so wonderful to know I won’t have to buy them off the internet (when I can afford them!).

27. lady coveted

2008-09-01 at 11:10 PM

ooh the silver legs are like robots! how swweeet!

28. enc

2008-09-02 at 1:41 AM

Wow, those are the best-looking wedges I’ve seen so far all season. I can’t wait to see what you do with them.

29. kristin

2008-09-02 at 3:42 AM

those are wild and completely amazing!

30. celia

2008-09-02 at 4:54 AM

I think I need holidays because this pic reminds me of the cruise ship’s decks! lol…

31. vintage clothes

2008-09-02 at 10:56 AM

wow there real spacehoppers nice tho i wana see what you team them with post a picture!!!

32. Dina

2008-09-02 at 11:47 AM

Hello Tin Man!
    or woman. In the coolest way possible.

33. jo

2008-09-02 at 6:33 PM

my friend and i have been lapping up copious amounts of silver – from accessories, belts, bags to shoes. now i need those tights and those shoeess!

34. KD

2008-09-02 at 7:55 PM

Gah! They are so amazing that the first word(?) that popped into my head was”Gah!”

35. Stephie

2008-09-03 at 1:36 PM

Lust! that pair of shoes is just PERFECT.

36. Kori

2008-09-03 at 2:40 PM

Wow – gotta love such a perfect mix between historical and futuristic! I know you will make outfits with those that will put all of us to shame, but in a good, awe-inspiring way…

37. giancinephile

2008-09-03 at 5:56 PM

Oh! the smell of new leather fresh from the box! It certainly is addicting.
    I never seem to get over that scent! hahhaaaaaaa
    It can only get more and more addicting…

38. Designer Shoes Lover

2008-09-29 at 11:12 AM

I envy you for having that shoes. ๐Ÿ˜€
    The design and the color click together. Very lovely shoes. I am a fan of wedge shoes too and I hope I can have this one someday. ๐Ÿ˜€

39. SteerePrope

2008-11-22 at 4:59 PM

Hello I bookmarked a couple fo sites for yacht enthusiasts
    You’ll find deals on corporate yacht charter, horizon yacht charters, england yacht charters, west yacht charters, cyoa yacht charters, and more.
    [url=http://digg.com/travel_places/A_awesome_website_for_yacht_charter_deals]private yacht charters,horizon yacht charters, england yacht charters,barefootyacht charters, thomas yacht charters[/url]
    [url=http://www.stumbleupon.com/url/yacht-charter-guide.com/]private yacht charters,yatch charters, england yacht charters,barefootyacht charters, american yacht charters[/url]

40. Yacht Charter Greece

2008-12-31 at 11:16 AM

Wow, I never knew that That new shoe smell…. That’s pretty interesting…

41. discount louboutin

2011-05-04 at 4:18 AM

What a extraordinary page you possess Iโ€šร„รดm so delighted to have discovered it I have just passed the previous 20 mins running through several of your articles and reviews, and have also bookmarked some of them. I will defiantly be back to learn a tiny bit more when i have alittle more time.