Sheert3It’s been rather grey, sticky and humid in London – we just can’t seem to get this summer right and seeing as I’ve said to myself that my summer has already ended, despite the actual high temperature, I can’t really be bothered to bring on the bare legs, wear ickle tops or expose the parts of flesh that summer so often sees.  Still, I was never one to go for bare all and whilst the streets were full of gladiator sandals and short sassy skirts, I’ve opted to ‘expose’ in a different way.  The back is a slightly less obvious point though I’ve seen a rise of the AA backless, low-cut tops out and about and my Acne dress with the rounded cut-out serves the backless trick fairly well.  Then there’s these Raf Simons trousers which I got in a sample sale.  For what are essentially trackie bottoms, somehow they seem quite disturbing to a lot of people.  I get the strangest stares on the streets not because they’re racy but because they look a little misleading.  Why are they sheer in that way?  Why is she wearing leggings underneath?  Where does one find trousers like that?  Hey ask Mr Simons, not me!  Still they’re hard to figure out and even my total-oblivion-to-surroundings can’t ignore the perplexed look on people’s faces…

Hopefully cooler winds come soon as I’m not sure how many of these ‘different exposure’ late-summer outfits I can whip up… and no, the glads and the sassy skirt ain’t coming out… I’ve already decided summer is over, therefore in my head, it does not exist…

Sheert1

Sheert2

1. Zest says:

I love the trousers, and they look really good with pink underneath. I actually thought they were purpley shiny trousers to begin with! The looks a cool play on what everyone else is doing, nice one! 🙂

2. selina says:

i seriously like those trousers, how cool and airy they must feel without the fear of it being warm enough for skirts but windy enough to blow them up. i’m fed up of wearing light coloured tights and want to break out some black, bring on autumn! i’ve been wearing loads of slips, an alternative to the strappy primark vests around in my town

3. kristin says:

I love the pink under the sheer!

4. KD says:

Egads egads egads! I love this post so much! I must be beginning to sound like a mindless robot, programmed to say the same thing for every post, but this is really fantastic! They look amazing with the leggings and this is such a clever play on revealing-ness.

5. enc says:

This is a very clever idea. It’s the perfect in-between treatment.

6. dree says:

i think this look is absolutely gorgeous! i love how the satin headband and shiny leggings contrast against the black..beautiful look on you, Susie!

7. clover says:

i still cant believe you got those trousers for £15!! how envious i am
    i realize you been wearing more black lately in your posts.
    i cant wait for the weather to get a little colder…time to get dressed up!

8. eliza says:

i’m with you on that! summer is done, even though the temperature in Montreal has been creeping back up lately…but those pants are great! so different with their sheer quality and high waisted goodness. lucky you to find them for ¬£15 !

9. I’d be staring too, but into total admiration!

10. adreamer says:

i love the your way of exposing. haha , its tru what you say. I think summer has shut down in your mind. I can’t see much that says summer in this outfit.

11. Imelda Matt says:

It’s not the Raf Simons trousers I’m having trouble with (love at first sight), it’s your new digs! After nearly 12 months of looking at you standing in front of a door this new scandi balcony divide has me thrown…

12. WendyB says:

Those are fun. Love that they make people stare.

13. Daiane says:

couldn’t decide if i like the trousers or not, but i sure do like the ensemble. you look great! and i like the surroundings;)

14. I’m with Matt the pine boards were distracting me!
    however, your lucky i haven’t seen you out and about in these as I’d be bothering you for them. I truly love sheer trousers and wore my last pair to death, and i’ve been through 2 pairs over 10 years. I need to investigate the possibility again or do I just have to fess up to being past it.
    Fab stuff!

15. I’m with Matt the pine boards were distracting me!
    Fab stuff!

16. I’m with Matt the pine boards were distracting me!
    Fab stuff!

17. I’m with Matt the pine boards were distracting me!
    Fab stuff!

18. I’m with Matt the pine boards were distracting me!
    Fab stuff!

19. siewkwan says:

That’s such a nice concept!! 🙂

20. michelle says:

susie, I love that look.

21. yumiko says:

i think the sheerness looks great with your tights:]
    i wish i had a pair!

22. dapper kid says:

Love those trousers, they are wonderful!! Haha take on the strange looks with pride, you look fantastic!

23. waxy says:

Your Raf Simons trousers look amazing. And the purple tights, wow, that was a good “twist” in your ensemble. 😉

24. pretty face says:

Very creative! Although I would have been sweltering today in that outfit.

25. indie says:

This is genius!

26. Michelle says:

This outfit is breath taking! I love the back-less surprise!

27. tasha says:

This is quite possibly my favorite of all your looks. It’s beautiful.

28. Pema says:

i’ve never seen anything like this before. i think at first, i really wasn’t very intrigued by the thought of sheer pants, such as these. but the more i studied them and the more i tried understanding them, i grew to love the idea of this entire outfit. it’s something really different, and who doesn’t love to be stared at in the streets?

29. jana says:

I really like those. The sheer quality is pretty nice, it reminds me of this Sartorialist shot I just saw…anyways, I think it’s good, the silhouette might look a bit more clean if it was completed with black shoes, but nonetheless they are lovely. I love Raf…

30. floraposte says:

Really fabulous look! Summer is not only over, in Dublin it never even got started!

31. Devi Girsang says:

Hi Susie, it’s my first time visit to your site. It’s amazing! I love your style! You have a great fashion sense. I’ll be back more often 😉

32. love the outfit so much! and sheer seems to work to your advantage!

33. lady coveted says:

you do sheer so well! love the layerin!
    🙂

34. lady coveted says:

sheer is your forte, perfect for layering!

35. Janavi says:

I love this look-could also see it with silver tights underneath!

36. Shelley says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! Such a cool look! Bravo!

37. 5avenuemarceau says:

these are essentially the most perfect trousers I’ve ever seen.
    xx

Thanks everyone and the pineboards love the compliments too…. I am very chuffed with my new place….it does beat the rubbish white door….

39. MHBass says:

this outfit blew me away – i love the shape the dress makes under the trousers. the look could almost be a posh evening gown, yet it has an almost sportswear inspired vibe too. impressive!

40. Jael says:

Chic, modern harem pants.

41. Interesting outfit. Very cute.