Swan Song

Swan Song

Swandressbjork

Yes, Marjan Pejoski doesn’t want to talk about THAT swan dress anymore and really, who wants to dreg up the past and go on and on about it.  But I can’t help thinking that Mr Pejoski, despite his protestations will be tickled by this ensemble that Jo of Wottoncool made for a school party in back in January.   It’s wondrous what a load of Kleenex and glue gunning can produce.  I’m hoping Jo won’t relegate it to just Halloween attire.  Pejoski might be weary of that dress and all its connotations but the younger generation not old enough to remember might want an eyeful of swan on the street.

Oh well, if Mr Pejoski is going to get sniffy (and I don’t think he’s a sniffy sort of person anyway), his AW08-9 collection gender bending collection that makes both the women AND men look preened and elegant in a way that is pure Pejoski style.  There’s that pesky Mongolian black goat fur making an uneasy appearance.  I say ‘uneasy’ because I so love the aesthetic but PETA pleas are also in my head.  It’s quite a grown up collection from Pejoski and again, is part of the uneasy sexy aesthetic that I seem to be getting from a lot of the collections.

Swandress

The AW/08 collection… something for guys and gals to swap, interchange and mix up in textures and shapes…

Marjanpej_2

16 comments

1. diane

2008-07-29 at 6:24 PM

Marjan Pejoski is the best!
    oh, how i loved this swan dress!! (and all his bird-shaped collection, the knitted sweater, etc.) 😀
    by searching on the Internet i found that:
    (!!!!)

2. WendyB

2008-07-29 at 7:00 PM

I saw the swan copy on her blog — great work!

3. Make Do & Mend

2008-07-29 at 7:09 PM

I love the faux swan dress and had completely forgotten about Marjan Pejoski!
    I used to love Bjork so much I’m going to go and listen to her now!
    I thought his collection was perfect placed – even somewhat swan lake..the black prince et al. The poses are very ballet like.
    I love grey and black but it is his use of fabrics and construction that gives it all the right edge.
    Know what you mean about the Mongolian goat fur. I sort of think with goats they usually have a good lifestyle and are not bred exclusively for fur (please let this be true!)

4. Make Do & Mend

2008-07-29 at 7:09 PM

I love the faux swan dress and had completely forgotten about Marjan Pejoski!
    I used to love Bjork so much I’m going to go and listen to her now!

5. Make Do & Mend

2008-07-29 at 7:09 PM

I love the faux swan dress and had completely forgotten about Marjan Pejoski!
    I used to love Bjork so much I’m going to go and listen to her now!

6. Make Do & Mend

2008-07-29 at 7:09 PM

I love the faux swan dress and had completely forgotten about Marjan Pejoski!
    I used to love Bjork so much I’m going to go and listen to her now!

7. Make Do & Mend

2008-07-29 at 7:09 PM

I love the faux swan dress and had completely forgotten about Marjan Pejoski!
    I used to love Bjork so much I’m going to go and listen to her now!

8. Kelly

2008-07-29 at 7:20 PM

I love AW collection, its amazing!!

9. giancinephile

2008-07-29 at 7:47 PM

Bjork is just one of those artists that really explores fashion and I love her for that.
    And that swapping between the guys and girls sounds great! I’m really liking this AW08 collection by Pejoski!

10. floraposte

2008-07-29 at 8:23 PM

I loved the swan dress! Really great looks, gothic and weirdly cosy at the same time. I like the goat fur too.
    Am a bit freaked out by the boots shaped like hooves though!

11. jo

2008-07-30 at 2:59 AM

(blushes madly!) sadly enough i didn’t keep the swan dress, cos it takes up tooo much space in my tiny room, and i always can make another one!
    and this collection of pejoski’s has so many peekaboo-kinda surprises. i love all the tiny details and change in fabric that appear under a heavy coat or skirt. mmm 😀

12. GlamRussianGirl

2008-07-30 at 9:54 AM

Swan dress is wonderful Bjork is amazing!

13. Gloria

2008-07-31 at 4:57 AM

I actually love love marjan pejoski’s designs…I think the swan dress was only a slight mishap…like maybe if it didn’t resemble a dead swan, it might’ve gotten more accolade. the shape itself was quite cute and I remmeber when I first saw the swam incident I didn’t even think it was all that bad.
    it always stings a bit when a personally-adored designer sticks his hand into the fur jar.

14. SIster Wolf

2008-07-31 at 8:22 PM

I will never forget the swan dress, and I don’t want to. I don’t think Bjork has ever looked more enchanting.

15. Anonymous

2008-08-04 at 11:10 PM

The goat boots remind me of when my brother was Mr. Tumnus in a kids’ production of The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe. We made him little construction-paper hooves and leggings from fake sheepskin. So cute.

16. Tiff

2008-08-27 at 7:34 PM

I’m sort of afraid of goats as several of them tried to eat me at the petting zoo when I was a lil’ girl.