Dahliashop

I quite like it when boutiques leave trails of cute communication behind.  Dahlia, an uber-girly label that makes sweet and inoffensive dresses, again making a name for itself by being stocked in the ‘Bazaar’ section of Topshop Oxford Circus was residing in a store in Kingly Court but will be moving to 8 Fouberts Place where they’re currently decorating and the things that caught my eye were their tacked up spreads from Above, Let Them Eat Cake and various Japanese fashion magazines as a way of saying ‘Come back in a while for cutey, girly goodness…’

Their SS08 stuff is like I said completely harmless, pretty, cute.  Not to say that it’s bland but it isn’t 100% my cup of tea.  Still, cutesy dresses in a wee little store that promises to be decked out in girly paraphernalia… you can’t really grumble…

Dahliass08

1. jo says:

why don’t we have a bazaar section in topshop!

2. Austere says:

Great designer! I wish we had a Top Shop here. I really like the girly, frilly pieces and my favorites were the first and second dresses.

3. Danny Daily says:

they are cute. they are safe. BUT…i can see wonders to be done with a bedazzler 🙂 joking aside…i’ve seen a million rendition of their work before at gap/zara/h&m/walmart. is it worth it to buy clothing that is so safe that it just disappears.
    love,
    danny

4. Very cute and an easy peasy way to. do la la french girlie chic. Useful

5. Very cute and an easy peasy way to. do la la french girlie chic. Useful

6. pretty face says:

I saw this yesterday! I bought a pair of Dahlia shorts in the sale for I think a tenner last year, and they seem to have changed their aesthetic quite a lot.
    Yes, my shorts are an inoffensive purple with a flowery lining but they have a very exaggerated sticky out shape (I’m not very articulate right now but I can’t think of the word, sort of like jodphurs) and are definitely not ‘safe’. In fact, as a result I don’t wear them enough and they were almost a subject of my wardrobe cull today.

7. miss woo says:

Personally I do like a bit of safeness in my clothes, and some of these dresses are adorable.

8. floraposte says:

Hmm, the backless one is ok-ish but not overly keen on ruffles and bows.

9. I have a picture of that first dress on my phone after admiring it in Topshop…i still want it!! It’s safe but i think with a pair of thick black tights, and the right accessories it could look quite stand-out… dammit! I knew i should’ve bought it :o(

10. danz says:

Very cute! I love the gingham one 🙂

11. Cammila says:

I really appreciate Dahlia’s brand of simple girliness. As popular as the style is, I don’t think that many lines really capture that ephemeral kind of space between womanishness and little-girlishness without traversing into lolita or kitsch. Which isn’t to say I don’t appreciate those elements in their own rights, but they’re so often created by accident

12. Nancy says:

The simplicity is kind of obvious, but I love the little details like pleats and ruffles.

13. annah says:

oh, i looveee the fourth dress!

14. Tanya says:

hey girl are u perfect !! im lover of fashion but u………u are the STAR 😀 LOL really….i love ur blog very very much…is amazing….and girlie drass is very cute and nice.
    ciao xox

15. Kirsty says:

moving? they always had a shop in fouberts place didn’t they?

16. rollergirl says:

Like the last dress but not bowled over by the others. But like you, j’agree on their cute window display…

17. meli says:

the 4th one is beautiful,i liked lace dresses

18. Rhiannon says:

This is 100% my cup of tea. Thanks for the link!

19. ambika says:

This is very much up my alley. Too bad they’re not in the U.S.

20. enc says:

Cute and quaint dresses.

21. Mer says:

hmmm. I like them all…

22. evie says:

harmless and inoffensive they are indeed lol. nice way of putting it…

23. I agree with most others here…they are beautifully simple and classic (with the USP in the detailing). It’s just a shame there are less interesting versions of most of their styles around on the high street, so this cute little brand may not get the coverage it deserves…nice one for plugging them Susie! Cx

24. Drusilla says:

Boo hoo, I want that checked dress! I also want a Topshop, that’d help my shopping scene so much..

25. Dahlia says:

this is such a cute line ^_^
    (I especially, have a special intrest since my name is Dahlia)