If I didn’t follow up on my curiosity trails, I think I might go to the graves with about a gazillion question and it seems in online fashion, those trails are growing by the day.  Are the sites down or up?  Are they live?  What is this weird holding page that I’m on?  It’s all very ‘Ta-da!’ when whatever site is finallyu unveiled.  So the big ‘ta-da’ came for Shop Curious which I wondered about a while ago and whilst I’m not blown away or yanking out my credit card, it does healthily contribute to what Shop Curious call the shopping equivalent of ‘slow food’.  As in carefully saving up for beautiful things as a backlash against the fast-paced consumer frenzy.  The selection of vintage clothes and accessories and some contemporary items isn’t exactly entirely to my taste but still, these items jump out at me.

Perhaps as I grow up a bit, I will slowly advance into being able to digest this ‘slow food’.  Right now my mindset is such that I feel like I can get similar items for a lot less, not to take away anything from Shop Curious’ ethos which is a postive one.  Their shop blog is also a well-written one that isn’t purely about product placement but seems to want to bring out intelligent discussion too.

Shopcurious

They are also feeding my feather obsession with their belts, hats and headbands which are a little more affordable…

Scfeath1 Scfeath2

1. That’s a wonderful selection of garments and accessories…I am certinaly going to be shopping curious over the weekend! Cx

2. Laura says:

I’d love to see the vivienne westwood shoes on a model. and I LOVE that “swishy skirt dress”

3. Drusilla says:

Love the belt and headband, they look so tactile…

4. pretty face says:

I don’t understand why they’re the equivalent of slow food? Surely they’re the opposite, being one of a kind vintage items, they can be bought immediately, meaning people get the feeling of ‘buy it now or regret it later’ and will shell out even if they can’t quite afford it yet.

5. kirsty lee says:

i was looking at the site yesteday. it’s really nice for a browse but i can’t say anything jumped out at me all that much.

6. lady coveted says:

I’m really loving all these hand painted things i’ve been seeing around… this could possibly be a diy project i can get into…

7. Sarah says:

That head band is stunning, I can think of so many ways to wear it.

8. So many curiosities and I kinda want them all…

9. enc says:

Nice presentation. I think they have a good idea, and will “slowly” grow as time goes by. It’s nice to see sites that are not about churning and turning.

10. selina says:

i should take a leaf out of ‘slow food’ shopping, those items do seem to be the ones that you wear and wear again

11. WendyB says:

I’m in love with the Eiffel Tower dress. But since I’m in NYC, maybe it makes more sense for me to seek out a vintage Zandra Rhodes Chrysler Building dress.

12. Sister Wolf says:

I need thhose shoes to not be able to wear and then put under my bed!!!

13. That wonderful feathered headband looks like something that would have been worn by Isadora Duncan. Lovely.

14. can i buy that model’s red hair?? 😛

15. la femme says:

the eiffel tower dress is amazing.