Just the beginning…

Just the beginning…

…of mucho experimentation and trying on that involves hours and hours and making the boyf truly exasperated so therefore, this is really just the timely beginning (the sun has come out for a bit and seems to want to stay…) of me messing around and really ‘playing’ up with this dress that Angie has created for me….

Cue random pairings, a lot of sherbety/pastel colours and a bit of oozing black for good measure…this ain’t the end though as messing around with it for the first time, has given me even more ideas of how to wear it especially when we start getting belts and the motions of pulling up/down and tucking in/out involved…

Would it be really wrong to spend an evening in with a dress…?

Angieout1

Vintage pink salmon jumpsuit, ASOS taupe patent slingbacks

Angieout2

Metallicus grey jersey dress, vintage white trainer heels

Angieout3

Preen grey jersey hoodie, TS Boutique denim skirt, Forever 21 brogues

Angieout4

Vintage pale blue pleated dress, vintage white patent multi-strap shoes

Angieout5

John Richmond navy mini dress, TS Unique canvas shoes w/ chrome heels

Angieout6

H&M nude silk sweater, vintage pink slipskirt, Vivienne Westwood peach socks, Converse grey high-tops

Angieout7

Arrogant Cat white ruffled top, vintage matt black sequin arm warmers, Forever 21 cream neck ruffled collar, American Apparel black lame leggings, Sam Edelman ‘hoof’ boots

Angieout8

Lanvin black tuxedo jacket, oyster satin puffball skress from Hong Kong, John Lewis black opaque tights, Bronx black cut-out sandal boots

79 comments

1. Dotti

2008-05-18 at 1:59 PM

Oh dear, all those combinations with this damn cool dress are a Wow. I think I’m in love, not only with this dress of yours, but with your blog ‚Äì i just had to add you.
    I’ll come by again. Definately.

2. Meeshy

2008-05-18 at 2:09 PM

oh envy. I need me an Angie!
    Love the colour palettes of 2 and 6… I’m a sucker for doves, buffs and pastels. my weakness.
    + a soft tulle neck ruffle in flesh/greys = oh yum.

3. annah

2008-05-18 at 2:43 PM

this is alarmingly wonderful.

4. nicole

2008-05-18 at 2:52 PM

i really love the last outfit with the jacket.

5. Giselle

2008-05-18 at 2:54 PM

I love what you did with it in the first pic and the second to last…I can tell you really love it 🙂
    -Giselle <3<3<3

6. carrie (the dog)

2008-05-18 at 3:43 PM

so cute the last one !! ..

7. cata

2008-05-18 at 3:47 PM

i choose the first one and the third (that shoes should be ilegaly cute )

8. miss woo

2008-05-18 at 4:42 PM

Ofcourse not! esp not when the dress in question is so wonderful and lovely. Esp love how you team it with the pink slip and grey cons.

9. Dizzy

2008-05-18 at 4:52 PM

Omg! There’s a picture of you smiling! You’re so adorable!

10. Shen-Shen

2008-05-18 at 5:21 PM

This dress is INSANE!
    I love it!
    And you have the most adorable smile :]

11. lady coveted

2008-05-18 at 5:25 PM

i love the smiling one too!
    it’s all adorable!

12. Melly

2008-05-18 at 5:35 PM

The answer is NO!, well, if you dress is THAT pretty. I love it. (And your smile is adorable!) 😀

13. Angie

2008-05-18 at 5:50 PM

You are so cute when you smile!

14. Gold Lion

2008-05-18 at 5:52 PM

I had my doubts about the dress, but oh was I wrong, I LOVE the second one, and you look so beautiful in the pictures! Especially the last two 🙂

15. Laia

2008-05-18 at 5:53 PM

Oh the last two outfits are my favorites! Especially the last one, it’s just such a good balance of colors and textures.

16. Emily

2008-05-18 at 5:55 PM

you are so lucky! the dress is lovely and those colours seem to go with everything, I esp like the pink. P.S i like the smiley susie!!!

17. missmilki

2008-05-18 at 6:07 PM

Oh wow…its fabulous! My favourites are the first outfit & the last. The photo with you smiling is very cute and unexpected for such a cool fashionista! 🙂

18. Chic Looks

2008-05-18 at 6:18 PM

love these, especially the 4th and last outfits, awww your smile…love it

19. Bex

2008-05-18 at 6:39 PM

I like outfit #1 and 4 ^^

20. Anonymous

2008-05-18 at 6:43 PM

Soo cute. Susie, I must admit, you’re my girlcrush. :p

21. lopi

2008-05-18 at 6:44 PM

I like the last one best!
    Its a huge plus you’re smiling in that one as well!

22. Hilary

2008-05-18 at 6:50 PM

this is such a cool idea, i love the one with shiny leggings and the outfit with the grey puffy skirt. where did you get the navy ‘trainer’ heels? they are amazing. you’re styling is truly inspirational.

23. Jill

2008-05-18 at 6:53 PM

My favourites are the 5th and last, but it’s such an oddball garment it could probably go over a million and one things. I love it.

24. aziza

2008-05-18 at 7:20 PM

You’re so beautiful when you smile.
    I was feeling retty iffy about the dress but there are some combinations you’ve done here that I really like.

25. selina

2008-05-18 at 7:30 PM

marvy! the colours look really pretty with the blue or the grey background clothes

26. Cupcakes and Cashmere

2008-05-18 at 7:31 PM

The one of you smiling is so cute! You should smile more often 🙂

27. WendyB

2008-05-18 at 7:58 PM

Wow, I love the 2nd and 4th looks particularly. And I agree with Cupcakes and Cashmere, the picture of you smiling is great and makes me want more like that.

28. i like the baby blue dress look…ahh so summery!!
    K

29. floraposte

2008-05-18 at 8:23 PM

Really love the last one. Please smile more in photos you look like you are really enjoying that fabulous dress!

30. lily blue

2008-05-18 at 8:32 PM

une petite fran√ßaise est l√† pour “frenshiser” un peu tout √ßa!!!
    Très joli!! I really like!!!
    kiss from PARIS!!

31. Denise@The Swelle Life

2008-05-18 at 8:42 PM

My keyboard just fizzled because I drooled all over it. What a perfect execution.
    It’s already been said but when I saw that beaming smile I smiled too! More!

32. rz

2008-05-18 at 9:11 PM

this is brilliance. i adore your personal style! it’s also wonderful to see you smile so brightly in your last pic. i am looking forward to seeing your future posts with this dress.

33. zoe cooke

2008-05-18 at 9:24 PM

Seriously nice. In the third from last one it looks like your body is on back to front – tres editorial.

34. legyviel

2008-05-18 at 9:30 PM

Oh wow! all the outfits look great! I didn’t think you would find so many ways to wear it. Lovely and oh so cool!

35. andrea

2008-05-18 at 9:32 PM

Love them all! Please do tell who makes the black peep toe boot/sandals in the last pic and the white multi buckle pumps too! You do look adorable in the smiley pic!

36. Jasmin

2008-05-18 at 9:53 PM

It was a good choice to have the dress made in peach and blue b/c it just works so well with all those colour combinations you put together. I have to say this is one of my favorite pieces that I have seen you wear on here.

37. francis girard

2008-05-18 at 10:20 PM

the smiley pic is my fav – i secretly think the boyf loves taking pics of you…….. and never feel bad about staying in with a dress, its my fav thing to do. xf

38. winnie

2008-05-18 at 10:25 PM

I love them all but my favourites is the combo with the blue pleated dress and the last one with the blazer. Love the contrast of the masculine blazer with the delicate detail of the dress. I also have to agree, the smiling pic is lovely! Also thanks for the good luck wishes!

39. danz

2008-05-18 at 11:07 PM

You have a seriously wicked shoe collection. I want them all…in my size…hmm, that’s usually the problem. I love your sense of adventure when it comes to clothing, really cool stuff!

40. kirafashion

2008-05-18 at 11:07 PM

i think more than the dress, the shoes are the key here, awsome!
    a kiss

41. ms-mojo-rising

2008-05-18 at 11:28 PM

You really rock this dress!! Just great.
    I mostly love the first the fourth and the last picture! And you have such amazing shoes!

42. hurlax

2008-05-19 at 12:03 AM

I love that last look… esp. with that great smile!

43. Lia

2008-05-19 at 12:05 AM

Love the last one

44. ghost_world

2008-05-19 at 1:04 AM

she does have teeth! the pleated blue dress is the best of the bunch though you need something that is sleeveless, like some kind of singlet dress ‘cos it just looks like a dress over an outfit/ a bra over a sweater type thing.

45. a dreamer

2008-05-19 at 3:56 AM

the one with you smiling really IS cute.! you should smile more often in your photos.
    the outfit with the converse is really cool.

46. super kawaii mama

2008-05-19 at 4:04 AM

My favorite combo has to be the grey jersey dress, and also the tuxedo jacket. How wonderful.

47. I V Y O L O G Y

2008-05-19 at 5:12 AM

hehheee!! i LOVE the last one where you’re smiling, you’re cute 🙂

48. arline jernigana

2008-05-19 at 6:05 AM

I love number four and one, but all are fun.
    I don’t want to copy cat, but I neeeeeeeed a garment like this.

49. flatbrokefab Ashleigh

2008-05-19 at 7:27 AM

loving the blue dress with the collar over the angie dress, and also the really tight navy mini and the peach jumpsuit! All are gorgeous! bravo!

50. kim

2008-05-19 at 7:41 AM

Like the bright blue with collar combo best. First time I’ve seen you smile on here, you should do it more often 🙂

51. bronwyn

2008-05-19 at 7:47 AM

I love it! All the outfits. Absolutely fantastic!!!!

52. j

2008-05-19 at 8:42 AM

This is marvelous. I especially love the first and the fifth. I think I like the contrast of the pale with the brighter/darker colour. Dressing it down (6th) kind of works, too!

53. Vintage addict

2008-05-19 at 11:00 AM

The shoes you wear on the first pics are just amazing….!

54. susie_bubble

2008-05-19 at 11:09 AM

Thanks so much guys… in my haste, I forgot to list what I was wearing which I have done now…all shoe deets there!
    I really forgot how a new dress can be such fun and I plan on playing with it a bit more…
    Regarding my smile, I must say that I’m not naturally the smiliest person around especially around strangers but at the time of shoot, I was watching my boyf sing NERD’s new song Everyone Nose, which gave me the giggles… the boyf agrees to that I should smile more…even if there is a lot of teeth to show!

55. Lili

2008-05-19 at 3:16 PM

i love your combination in photo 2!! maybe because i love those vintage shoes! the dresse is really amazing, and the possibilities of combine it seems never end! kiss

56. Khamra

2008-05-19 at 6:37 PM

The fourth ensemble (with the blue dress) and the last look are stellar! Great smile, by the way.

57. Elle

2008-05-19 at 8:44 PM

You would still look good in a bin liner!

58. M

2008-05-19 at 11:01 PM

the dress is awesome, but in my opinion, a lot of the outfits don’t do it justice. the ones with all the layers make the outfit kind of confusing to me; there’s so much going on! I gotta say, though, i do like the last one where you’re wearing the black blazer. The layers aren’t too overwhelming and the lines don’t compete with the lines of the dress. i still applaud your courage to wear what you wanna wear, though.

59. M

2008-05-19 at 11:04 PM

oh, and i love the outfit with the blue dress underneath. it’s a nice contrast with the baby blue and the peach and the fact that it’s only one layer doesn’t overwhelm me.

60. The Clothes Horse

2008-05-19 at 11:54 PM

You rock! It’s such an intriguing piece.

61. elissa/SpandexPony

2008-05-20 at 4:45 AM

That dress is completely amazing! I’ve never seen anything quite like it. I love the blue dress with the shiny blue one underneath, the one with the grey dress underneath, and the last photo, with just tights, but all of them are terrific! Seems like a night well-spent…

62. Shelley

2008-05-20 at 7:03 AM

I love the dress, but I think the outfits over power it. Since the dress is such a sheer and light material, it is not the center of attention in a way. There is no center. If you wore a solid piece underneath–a dark blue top and dark bottom, then the dress would pop out more. Instead of a jacket, try a sheer scarf? I do like the blue dress combination because you have given the viewer a canvas (the dress) and the art work that is presented on it.

63. susie_bubble

2008-05-20 at 9:28 AM

Yes, I do acknolwedge that thre are imperfections with the outfits…they do need tweaking etc….
    There’s so many ways of approaching it… could try and tone it down and let the dress shine or incorporate the dress so that it opposes whatever is underneath or over it….
    Like I said, ‘Just the beginning…’… much more experimentation needed and I may have to purchase garments to support it underneath….of the American Apparel simple ilk me thinks…
    This blog would be a little boring if I gave you pictures of perfection…or perhaps I’m not really capable of doing that… either way…

64. Helen-LG

2008-05-20 at 3:42 PM

You look really good Susie – as always!
    I’m really impressed at how well it works with all the looks and you’ve won me over. I wasn’t entirely sure about it from the initial designs but it’s just so adaptable. I can see you having many nights of fun with (& in) this!

65. Trisch

2008-05-20 at 5:06 PM

my fave is definitely the one with the blue pleated dress.

66. Sabrina

2008-05-20 at 6:35 PM

This dress has so many possibilities! You look very happy in that last photo. I would be too!

67. Angie Montreal

2008-05-20 at 11:29 PM

Well, to throw in my 2 cents at the last minute, I love it with the blue dress under, as well as the last photo outfit, but I see merits in all of the outfits, and soooo many ideas! I think experimentation (like you said) is really the what this post is about, not perfection. I had a very smart graphic design prof. once who said “in order to get to the REALLY good ideas, you have to get the less great ones out first”. In graphic design that was sketching on paper, in clothing I think it’s playing dressup! Which is really half the fun, no? I think you did VERY well though, this is a hard piece of clothing to wear and I think you pull it off magically!

68. Sonja

2008-05-21 at 8:45 PM

gorgeous dress, gorgeous smiling Susie!!!

69. Iheartfashion

2008-05-22 at 2:35 AM

Fantastic pairings! I love it especially with the salmon jumpsuit and the Lanvin jacket and oyster dress in the last photo. Beautiful!!

70. bean

2008-05-24 at 4:01 AM

you are the cutest in these!

71. Victoire

2008-06-02 at 10:16 PM

What a wonderful story! I love how the web brought about this amazing collaboration! Really, so inspiring in so many ways!
    I knew Angie was a talented designer, but I had no idea her skills were so technically incredible! Way to go Angie!