No wonder seasons are becoming rather pointless in fashion when AW08 clothing is being used in shoots like these and comes off looking….very spring summer.  The bright Brooklyn sunshine flooded to the advantage of the clothes in this Coutorture.com produced editorial: ‘Summer in the City’.  Karen Walker and Catherine Holstein bright yellow and vibrant navy (didn’t think the colour could look this vivid…) basically pops against the backgrounds.

What started as a fashion blog one-stop-drop aggregator has now turned into a site that is producing their own content and as more and more sites are upping their game, I think it’s safe to say that fashion editorials online are going full steam ahead and my surfing hours are probably going to fast become eye-candy filled.

Coutsc1

Coutsc2

Coutsc4

Coutsc5

Coutsc6

The images were wonderfully shot by Robert Christian Malmberg which led me to even more eye candy, especially in his Conceptual portfolio…

Rmalm2

Rmalm1_2

1. Who knows hey Susie, maybe one day you’ll be creating your own glossy, colaborative projects/content like this? I’d say stick to the stuff we all know and love you for!

2. Drusilla says:

The images are gorgeous, the third and fifth shots are my favourites (that yellow pleated skirt! Must start DIYs…)…and thanks for the link to Mr Malmberg’s portfolio, it’s stunning.

3. Drusilla says:

PS: I wonder how the lightbulb thing worked, though? Cause those get REALLY hot when they’re lit, and holding them against bare skin might’ve been painful..

4. enc says:

I could while away quite a few hours on images that look like this: dreamy, ethereal, and yet somehow gritty.

5. anna says:

what amazing photos! you are right about the navy blue – it looks so virant and resh here.

6. shiamay says:

I love the second picture. The outfit and the pose and background and everything.

7. Julie says:

And don’t forget to mention your model doppleganger Susie! Stang from Red looks just like you!

8. MHBass says:

what beautiful photography! i feel inspired for a shoot today…

9. jo says:

as it is, it is pretty confusing/useless for people who live in places with no seasons! but i guess we do veer towards ss styling. great pics anyhow!

10. Steph says:

i’ve never seen photos like these before. it was a great touch producing the photos directly from film! it’s really quite an inspiration as well to think out of the box. But i must say, i totally agree with you. it seems like seasons may just be phasing out, but maybe that’s not such a bad thing? 🙂

11. The lightbulbs are refreshing and somewhat a blend of unconventional chic and futuristic chic summoning Hussein Chalayan!!

12. Stevie says:

well, they understand the failsafe formula of a successfully lust-wrothy editorial, don’t they?
    an “old fashioned camera”, hazy colours and unashmedly cool urban settings.
    tick, tick, tickk.
    this is all coming out in a rather sarky way, but honestly, i love it.
    it’s got just the appeal to make any fashion blogger swoon.

13. Grace says:

^The pictures are lovely, I like so much.

14. Wow the shots are sooo ‘LOMO’
    Kit

15. Tiger says:

Wow, those shots are something. Dreamy.

16. yuki says:

It is splendid blog. I am studied.
    Please link to this site.

17. Cammila says:

Wow, those images are striking. And taken in such a cool style, like super-saturated Holga shots.
    And speaking of striking, I’d kill for that yellow skirt.

18. pinkr0ck says:

i LOVE that blue. And the yellow burns my eyes, but i cant look away.

19. MizzJ says:

Love that last shot from the Coutorture shoot. The girl looks like Snow White.