Dirty New Year’s Eve

Dirty New Year’s Eve

I have just about recovered from last night after getting home at 6 am to find another party going on at my boyf’s house that I believe is still going on as we speak, waking up at around 1pm to refuel with a fry-up breakfast and a ma-hussive mug of tea and now soothing my headache by typing away at a slower pace than norm.

I’m not a fan of making a big deal of going out on NYE.  It doesn’t bother me either way.  But I do insist upon making something of an effort outfit-wise and it seems I wasn’t the only one.  As I was out and about on my way to a party, I saw new frocks aplenty, Christmas pressies on parade in the form of shoes, bags and jewellery and a general oversurge of enthusiasm for looking as dressed-up as poss.  In contrast, I didn’t wear anything new or particularly exciting.  Instead, I revelled in pulling out oldies that are in the TBD bin (To Be Drycleaned…yes I’m a dirtbag who Febreezes clothes to get out of dry cleaning stuff too much….) and purposely wearing things that were very UN-precious knowing the sort of night I was going to be in for.  Old Zara dress, blue ruffled skirt that I made after cutting up an old prom dress, scuffed up Jenne O silver shoes and about the only thing remotely of worth was firmly attached to my head; a Daydream Nation necklace from the new SS08 collection with a black organza frill that I want to replicate just about everywhere (black organza frill dress/skirt/top/hat…. any will do….).

Despite my TBD bin outfit, I get the feeling that I might have been better off decking myself out in American Apparel (the lame stuff…), some specs, a cloak hoodie and some lims (limited sneakers…) as witnessed at the NYE party I went to.  It’s funny how I’m actually showing my age (I kid you not…guy in the middle is about 17….) by dressing up that bit more…

On a happy happy note, I hope everyone had a fantastic New Year’s Eve, staying in or going out and staying out…. and I hope 2008 brings everyone fruitful things….namely one or two pairs of Pierre Hardy shoes, a wardrobe of Boudicca and old Rochas and definitely at least one House of Flora headpiece.

15 comments

1. lady coveted

2008-01-01 at 5:24 PM

i’m the first one to comment here?
    wowww! i do like your fluffly blue attire, it’s super cute, i’ve always felt blue was the color for new years!!! and the headband…. me likey…
    happy new years love! 2008 is going to be a great year… i just feel it!

2. daisybabie

2008-01-01 at 6:18 PM

Wishing you all the best in the new year. Keep writing and inspiring with your intensely fashionable sensibility. Lotsa luv and happy 2008!

3. heather

2008-01-01 at 6:25 PM

Leave the American Apparel to the novices, I really like what you did! Happy New Year!

4. lLibertygirl

2008-01-01 at 7:58 PM

Glad to see you share my love of Pierre Hardy! LLG xx

5. letitia

2008-01-01 at 8:17 PM

happy new year susie!! love the blue….

6. ray

2008-01-01 at 8:54 PM

i love your outfit ! somethin harajuku like !! that’s funny and cool ! keep postin pictures of yourself !!

7. Saskia

2008-01-01 at 10:43 PM

HNY Susie! Wish you all the best and lots of inspiration for 2008. Lovely dress as always.

8. mark

2008-01-02 at 2:10 AM

hny. I think the russian snow camo that that dude on the right has is a good touch.

9. Anonymous

2008-01-02 at 3:46 AM

Une tres belle annee 2008 to Susie…

10. Poster Girl

2008-01-02 at 4:39 AM

Happy New Year! I love what you did with the blue skirt, that’s my favorite color. The necklace worn as a headband is fabulous, too. Cheers!

11. Drusilla

2008-01-02 at 8:09 AM

I love your combination of electric blue and metallics- and the necklace looks adorable.
    I’m not a huge fan of going out, but I do agree with you- if you are, you may as well look the best you can.

12. Zoe

2008-01-02 at 9:54 AM

lovely! the ruffle necklace headband and shoes make me happy…you look like you are about to pull out a cane and break into a little dance any second! i decided to go all out on new years eve too – long goldblack 80s ballgownish skirt, transvestite cinderella, platforms, fake fur caplet, red lips…in a party of normality it was quite a standout look!

13. rollergirl

2008-01-02 at 11:49 PM

Happy new year Ms Bubble. Hope it has lots of (nice) surprises in store for you…

14. Thom Wong

2008-01-04 at 6:18 AM

Happy New Year! I spent mine getting drunk on Reisling in New York watching Linda, Linda, Linda. Highly recommended (both the movie and getting drunk on Reisling.)
    So much to read…must drink tea.

15. alex

2013-04-25 at 9:35 AM

omg im not the only one who febreezes clothes! yay