An Ode to the Beloved

An Ode to the Beloved

That’s it – it’s been found.   I will procure it with a beaming smug face.  It will stay with me.  It will travel with me.  I will wear it to death.  It will be my unopinionated, unbiased best friend.  I will pass it on to whoever wants my rags when I leave this world.

It’s the investment come January 2008 that will leave me eating beans on toast for three weeks but seeing as I’m practically buying a lifetime companion, it’s a comparatively small price to pay.

I came into contact with my intended-beloved via the photoshoot I was styling this weekend.  It is the Jean Pierre Braganza SS08 leather jacket as modelled by model Harriet here…

In the lookbook images, the true beauty of the jacket really couldn’t shine, but having tried it on and touched it, and as I have been coo-ing at it with adoring eyes for disturbing periods of time…without a shadow of doubt, it will be mine…

It is perfectly cut (not too loose or tight) and the perfect length (not too cropped or long).

The leather is uniquely texturised – looking like normal leather from afar but upclose has a raised snakeskin/croc look and feels a little rubbery.

When the jacket is on, it is snug and a little bit like being enveloped by a boyfriend because of the smell and slight masculine side of the jacket.

With 100% certainty, the jacket woud work with everything and anything hence why it will be worn to death.

So there it is…. my ode to my intended garment life-partner.  The boyf will understand…I’ll break it to him gently…

26 comments

1. raq

2007-11-26 at 12:41 PM

it certainly looks beautiful! and is that outfit styled by you? the whole look is simply amazing!

2. susie_bubble

2007-11-26 at 12:43 PM

Yup…that is styled by me…. I’m a little shy about showing my shonky styling on other ppl… fair enough that I show my own style….but I don’t think I’m brave enough to post ‘pro’ styling….
    We shall see though…

3. T

2007-11-26 at 12:57 PM

What is the amazing bird cage thing?

4. cate

2007-11-26 at 1:46 PM

“I will pass it on to whoever wants my rags when I leave this world.”
    I want all your rags!! hee hee 😉
    Love,
    Cate

5. Queen Michelle

2007-11-26 at 1:57 PM

I fell instantly in love with that jacket when I saw it too. There must be something in the air making us splash silly money around as I just dropped a large sum on the Rick Owens biker trousers. My trousers and your jacket…now that’d be hot!

6. moodboard

2007-11-26 at 2:18 PM

I love the whole look Susie. Does the jacket have an asymmetrical neckline? I agree, the gold birdcage is oddly beautiful and picks up the sheen in the skirt.

7. Dee

2007-11-26 at 2:56 PM

Oooh! *wide-eyed, slack-jawed, drooling*

8. indie

2007-11-26 at 3:07 PM

Oh dear, it’s wonderful. The kind of jacket you can throw on everything! Ahhhh jealousy starts to kick in.

9. j

2007-11-26 at 3:36 PM

I think the boyf will love it. Who knows, maybe even borrow it.

10. Suzanna

2007-11-26 at 4:38 PM

Like it! Both jacket and the styling. The jacket is incredibly versatile and worth the investment.

11. Anonymous

2007-11-26 at 5:12 PM

I couldn’t relate more to any post of yours than this one – what has become my holy grail quest: the perfect leather jacket!…I thought it was just one of those never-to-be-attained dreams (you know the ones?)….might still be, until JPB makes that in tall men’s sizes

12. mgw

2007-11-26 at 5:19 PM

…and his pink men’s (non-leather?) version from SS08 just doesn’t compare – sooo unfair! (above comment mine too)

13. cordelia

2007-11-26 at 6:31 PM

Oh susie! I can so understand how you feel about this jacket! When i find my perfect silver leather jacket, i would splash out just like you. I can’t wait to see it incorporated in your future outfits! I bet its going to be a primary addition to your wardrobe! Lucky Jacket I say! xoxo

14. nadarine

2007-11-26 at 8:15 PM

you’re right, it’s perfect.
    and WORTH EVERY CENT.
    now, when can I borrow it from you? 🙂

15. catalina

2007-11-26 at 8:33 PM

I think a beautiful and unique leather jacket is the perfect place to really splurge. Enjoy!

16. emily

2007-11-26 at 8:37 PM

Oh my, the jacket is lovely- but I’m even more impressed with the overall styling you achieved! I thought I was looking at a ‘backstage’show image! Interested to see how you style the jacket on yourself!

17. Drusilla

2007-11-26 at 8:46 PM

The jacket sounds well worth love, the dramatic lapels alone would’ve sealed the deal for me if I were anywhere near it- and I’m sure the boyf will understand 🙂
    If the rest of the shoot looks anywhere near as good as the pic above, we’re in for a treat- I absolutely love the way you’ve played the colours and textures off. The photographer’s done a great job too- who was it?

18. i could almost weep. some girls have all the luck…
    i hope you acquire it.

19. lady coveted

2007-11-26 at 10:36 PM

that jacket is certainly gorgeous… holy moly… and beans on toast ain’t bad either…
    🙂
    can i be in line to inherit your rags? i think i’m ten years older than you, but i might as well put my name in… hehe

20. Jayla

2007-11-27 at 4:06 AM

Beautiful jacket… how much does it go for?

21. meg

2007-11-27 at 4:39 AM

yeah, that jacket is the SEX. love. perfect amount of toughness, vulnerability and sex appeal. Very Emanuelle Alt. I like his other stuff – do you know where/if he’s stocked in London?

22. Katie M

2007-11-27 at 10:29 AM

Wow..just wow susie! the jacket..that BEAUTIFUL dusky pink/mauve top underneath..its all just gorgeous! If this is an example of your styling talents, then i am truely gutted i could not help!

23. susie_bubble

2007-11-27 at 10:34 AM

It’s under ¬£500… not sure of exact price yet as it’s not for sale yet! Right you guys have spurred me on…that jacket WILL be mine!
    Thanks for complimenting the styling…the ‘birdcage’ is a metal halterneck by Osman Yousefzada from the SS08 collection… I was so scared it was going to hurt the model but it turned out ok!
    Michelle: Yup… indeed a heady combo!
    Moodboard: Yeah..it has an assymetric collar… love the way it drapes…
    mgw and anon: That black jacket comes in mens sizes too… ; )
    Meg: JPB is stocked at Two See on Monmouth Street!
    I really must decide who my rags will go to…lest I don’t have any kids…

24. Iheartfashion

2007-11-27 at 6:52 PM

Worth eating beans on toast for!!!

25. yumiko

2007-11-29 at 8:35 AM

im thinking gold skinny pants and a beret
    —with heels orrr tennis shoes
    ahh wtf itd probly look good with anythinggg but thats what id wear it with first!!
    congrats on find!!lucky