I will make it my mission to try and travel to all corners of this globe because I truly do believe (and I’m grateful to the internet for this) that fashion exists everywhere.  Take Slovenian designer Jure Purgaj who trained under Raf Simons in Vienna.  Yes, I’m an ignoramus who isn’t aware of any fashion designers from Slovenia (but thankfully the all-knowing Ms. Pernet gave me some insight!)  Well now I am.  His spring summer collection of pure white is attractively severe.  His training under Raf is pretty obvious yet I don’t find it cold.  I also like that the colour white isn’t played with in that predictable overtly girly way.  So, next stop for me – Slovenia?

1. diana says:

I think there are lots of designers with a lot of potential in the Eastern (ex-communist) countries. It’s just that the opportunities are fewer and it’s harder to actually work and earn money from something artistic or creative like painting, fashion, sculpture etc. Oh well, good luck to all young&poor designers; they are the most creative ones because they have to come up with cheap solutions…

2. Fi says:

Is that model dancing or what?! She looks pretty uncomfortable.

3. G.G. says:

I like the clean lines, but on the second picture on the left row that hemline straddling the waterline like an upside down smile just doesn’t work for me.

4. Anonymous says:

I can’t belive it! you mentioned my country! and all the time i spent thinking how lucky you londoners are to live in- well, london ( fashion and style-wise)!well, if you DO decide to visit, don’t expect stylish people! just a heads-up! oh, and Lara Bohinc is Slovenian!

5. anja says:

6. anja says:

7. juliet says:

the clothes reminded me of sportswear. but that isn’t bad thing. not at all.

8. juliet says:

the clothes reminded me of sportswear. but that isn’t bad thing. not at all.

9. melanie says:

interesting…kind of reminds me of the Gap CFDA editions.

10. Kate says:

I will be living in Slovenia for a month this summer for study abroad and plan to check this designer out. Thanks for looking off the beaten path.

11. a. says:

slovenia’s great. i had an awesome time there. (never planned to go but met some slovenians while travelling, they invited me to ljubljana, which is a bee-you-tiful city, et voila…) i found the people of slovenia to be way more chic, cultured, well-read, cosmopolitan, worldly etc. than most americans. they seem to be much more aware of what’s going on in the world, much more interested in the arts, culture, etc… it was really cool. and ljubljana, again, is a great city. gorgeous architecture, cool cafes, a beautiful river and a old castle with awesome contemporary art installations… i want to go back.