So there we have it. Let’s end the rumour mill. Hedi Slimane will indeed be leaving Dior Homme and his replacement is the Belgian designer, Kris Van Assche. This probably won’t be such a surprise for most but what I’m interested in is whether Dior Homme fans are loyal to Dior Homme or to Mr Slimane. I’m thinking it may be the latter and looking at some of these 10 rules of style according to Kris Van Assche in the April issue of Details, surely we can expect some dramatic changes at Dior Homme which begs the question – will you guys follow Dior Homme or go with Slimane to his pastures new?

‘Jeans aren’t my thing. My version of jeans are baggy black pants.’

Oh my lord, could it be I may never have to witness two guys battling it out during sales over a pair of Dior Homme jeans?

‘The Belle Epoque was such a stylish time for men – it was all about bow ties and hats. You can’t go back to that but you can draw inspiration from it.’

Well, makes an elegant change from the London underground rock scene.

‘If you asked me a year ago which colour I would never use, I would have said yellow. But the inspiration of my spring show had a slight eighties feel – American Gigolo – so there was a lot of yellow and red. Never say never.’

By jove, there may be COLOUR!

‘Jonny Depp and Vanessa Paradis are the coolest couple on Earth. He’s the only guy who can make funny glasses look cool.’

A far cry from Slimane’s admiration/obsession with Pete Doherty but there you go, different folks, different strokes!

1. Alix says:

Ha ha, i knew it!!!

2. matthew says:

i’m a designer follower not a brand follower and i certainly will not be wearing the clothes of Kris Van Assche!!!!
    i dont rate him as a designer at all,its just a bad version of lanvin homme

3. matthew says:

or a worse kim jones

4. candid cool says:

wow! I’m stunned. I love them both! And it’s not quite a leap, Kris was Hedi’s right hand man both and ysl and dior homme.

5. m says:

it’s a real shame to see Hedi go…. he really established a strong identity for Dior Homme.. and one which doesn’t really cohere with Kris Van Assche’s in my opinion.
    but I suppose its also exciting waiting for a new take on dior Homme…
    definately looking forward to whats to come… whether it be good or bad.
    btw, where is our beloved Hedi off too?

6. candid cool says:

and maybe we all could be expecting an official women’s line from hedi…

7. DJM says:

It will be exciting to see if there is a shift in how men dress – will they follow Hedi or will they be open to a change? There are a LOT of Dior Homme clones walking around and as a result it’s gotten a bit tired looking, which is a shame for those who are actually wearing the real deal and always have. I want to see men in more colour, but not in the obvious nod to the 80’s way, but in a clever, more original way – maybe Assche will offer that?

8. stcolaop says:

not to bag on his aesthetics or anything. Much respect. But i’m feeling that it’s all to K-fed and Justin Timberlake for me.
    Slimane just offered such a stark and memorable silhouette for men’s.
    This is too trendy for me!

9. stcolapop says:

Slimane just offered such a stark and memorable silhouette for men’s.
    This is too trendy for me!

10. anonymous says:

thank you very much for posting about this. i have some strong feelings.
    hedi made dior homme what it is today FROM SCRATCH. it’s hard for me to imagine right now what either label will be like because hedi’s style is so much dior homme and dior homme is so much hedi slimane…
    it’s very sad because it’ll be tough to let go of dior as we know it and tough to be on to a new hedi slimane label. at this point im pretty sure i’m staying loyal to hedi, though. it’s just sad that we wont have any more hedi/dior items. it was a match made in heaven.
    ugliest divorce ever. i feel like the really confused child of the two… i will be with hedi forever no doubt, but i dont want to see dior homme go down the tubes 🙁

11. Rogers Place says:

Like em both. Fashion is just like art. Some don’t understand it. But some of us do.

12. tedljunggren says:

I hope that Hedi will start his own brand. I’m excited to see what’s going to happen with Dior Homme.

13. j says:

The change is good. Slimane and his influence are not going away.

14. clover says:

im not sad to see slimane go all that much. i would say i follow the designer,but not the brand. however, i wouldnt completely cast out dior homme just because a new designer is in charge. it would be very nice if KVA keeps at least a little of what slimane made DH to be.