Tight Prints

Tight Prints

A lot of people have scorned the footless tights, and dumped them on the pile of castaway trends. I’m not really one of them as I do think of them as staples rather than trends but I am into footwear of another sort – yes Miss Trend Victim Susie is onto printed leggings – the wackier the print, the better.  However, I wear them in the unwackiest ways because frankly, most of the world is not quite ready for wacky layered over wacky.  Under simple shift dresses, apron dresses and trapezes all in blacks/whites/greys and there the leggings stand out and shine.

KTZ graphic print leggings // Mr Freedom dollar print leggings

Schwipe chain print leggings // Topshop polka dot print leggings

My next victim are the David David print leggings which are now available at Dover Street Market along with his t-shirts and hoodies.  Hopefully by the end of summer, I can fold up the printed leggings and line them up on the carpet to make a pretty pretty pattern.  Those are the kind of things that make me happy happy.

24 comments

1. wafa obaidat

2007-02-28 at 6:20 PM

hi susie.. big blog fan!have you been to the current exhibition at national portrait gallery-fashion faces?? I want to know if its any good!!

2. tricia

2007-02-28 at 6:43 PM

mmm, printed leggings! i agree wholeheartedly, miss susie. do you have any online resources for such?

3. Anonymous

2007-02-28 at 7:33 PM

hey where do you get your KTZ graphic print leggings?
    It’s so hard to find nice printed leggings in my country, Singapore.

4. Gata

2007-02-28 at 7:38 PM

I think they’re really cute, though personally I prefer printed footed tights. I got some fantastic tights at Topshop on a previous London trip. They do look best with flats, too.

5. alix

2007-02-28 at 8:57 PM

they’r all so nice! i particullary love the dot print ones!

6. Anonymous

2007-02-28 at 9:36 PM

do you know how much David David pieces retail for, leggings, hoodies, shoes and all? i’ve been lusting after a pair of the leggings but don’t get to Dover Street market often.

7. kirsten

2007-02-28 at 10:08 PM

susie! check out the tights at http://www.jumelle.com – theyre triple cool

8. moon_custafer

2007-03-01 at 3:14 AM

I like the KTZ ones best – they look like some sort of futuristic scandanavian folk socks.

9. cat

2007-03-01 at 5:30 AM

anyone know where to get david david in the US?

10. galufante

2007-03-01 at 5:31 AM

Nice prints, but i would prefer them as tights…

11. susie_bubble

2007-03-01 at 7:28 AM

David David retails for around ¬£100 for a t-shirt, ¬£150 for a hoodie and a little more for the leggings so it ain’t cheap….. but it’s also very very very limited! Definitely no one in usa stocking it atm….

12. Closet Cupcake

2007-03-01 at 8:12 AM

I agree, “the wackier the print, the better” although they’re quite hard to find at least around my part of town. I strive for the M.I.A. crazy prints look once in a while

13. T-Rex

2007-03-01 at 3:44 PM

I love the printed leggings, and I am thrilled that they are back! I still have a few pair from the late 80’s/early 90’s, when a longish sweater, leggings, and either flats or ankle boots was pretty much my uniform.
    I am old enough now that “vintage” sometimes means clothing that I used to wear years ago, and now wear again.

14. skyisfalling

2007-03-01 at 6:21 PM

i can totally see you pulling it off, susie. do you think leggings accentuate or camouflage ginormous calves?

15. Jessica

2007-03-01 at 8:36 PM

I like leggings, but I’m not sure how I feel about these, haha, maybe it’s because I couldn’t pull them off. Anyway, I love this blog, keep up the good work 🙂
    xoxo
    Jess
    (read/subscribe)

16. gsquared

2007-03-02 at 1:07 AM

I remember owing a at least 2 dozen pairs of the craziest, wackiest leggings in all types of prints and colours when I was in elementary school. They were all the rage in HK I think..since they were all given to my by my aunt. It’s a pity that I put them to waste. The chain print and dollar print are cute!
    I’ve finally joined the blogging world and have linked you to my blog! Feel free to do the same with mine (even though there’s almost nothing). 🙂

17. Katie

2007-03-02 at 6:03 AM

ee! I love the wacky side of your outfits, Susie. The semi-wacky is always my favorite part!

18. hoyan

2007-03-02 at 2:18 PM

printed tights/leggings are the best! one can never have enough.

19. bean

2007-03-04 at 10:23 AM

i am in love with ur style! 🙂

20. Gunsan

2007-03-04 at 10:59 AM

Hi Susie, can I ask where you buy Schwipe clothing in London?

21. susie_bubble

2007-03-06 at 10:52 PM

Gunsan, you can buy Schwipe from Antipodium at 5a Carlisle Street in Soho but those particular leggings are from last season.
    KTZ stands for Kokon To Zai, a boutique in London (there’s a branch in Paris too) and it’s their own label – only available in London and Paris I’m afraid…
    Skyisfalling: Hmm…good question – not something I think about since my calves aren’t ginormous but I think it depends where the leggings cut off…… cutting off just under the knee for instance is a bad idea but mid calve somehow slims them down as does cutting them off low on the ankles. I don’t think the prints enlarge/shrink your calves that much.

22. Yeahvolution

2007-03-08 at 8:27 PM

thats not true, you can get ktz at numberous of places besides their own shops.

23. susie_bubble

2007-03-08 at 8:39 PM

^Oh really? I was told by the KTZ guy that the new stuff wasn’t stocked anywhere else… please do list!

24. Yeahvolution

2007-03-10 at 9:40 PM

oh well, mostly in scandinavia they have. e.g. wunder in helsinki, kronkron in reykjavik, some store in tokyo called bambi/faline, etc etc