Un-Harlotty Harlot Shoes

Un-Harlotty Harlot Shoes

I think it’s safe to say that I shop a lot, which doesn’t really mean I BUY a lot of things but that I like to observe what’s going on in the shops constantly so I do my rounds practically everyday in different parts of London.  So, I went into a mini state of curiosity when I came across these shoes by Harlot Harlot, a label I had never heard of being stocked at Office and shoe boutique Poste Mistress (owned by Office).  Where did it come from?  Why I hadn’t seen these before?   Why do these very un-Harlot-esque shoes have such a name?

I’m more fascinated than truly attracted to them.  I’ve never seen heels wrapped at the top like that.  The shapes are a little odd and off-beat and most definitely belong to the ‘ugly-interesting’ shoe category (a description that seems to apply to a lot of the stuff seen on the catwalk for fall).  I feel the same way about them as I do about Irregular Choice, another one of those ‘ugly-interesting’ shoe categories – I just never know which I way I’m gonna swing – completely loving them or being repulsed by them.  Still, another day in London, another label to keep in mind.

8 comments

1. Amy

2006-08-27 at 5:41 AM

These shoes are definitely different! i did like the shades detail in the brown one.

2. misshoax

2006-08-27 at 6:43 AM

susie –
    it is 1.40am my time and i just read your post.
    seeing as a pair of those harlot boots found themselves on the “i adore them” side of things – i promptly ordered them. yes, buying shoes at 20 to two in the morning is not a sane thing to do, alas.
    thanks for increasing my debt-load and for introducing me to another line of shoes… it is appreciated.

3. susie_bubble

2006-08-27 at 7:48 AM

^Argh! Not only am I adding to my own debt problems, I am increasing others too……… how ever will I live with the guilt…. it’s just all too much for me!
    Was this meant to be my life purpose – aggravating people’s debt? I must promptly go and do a bit of soul searching…..
    In any case, you’ve bagged yourself a pair of nice boots! I’m still on the fence about them, but with my schizophrenic nature of loathing things one minute and then loving them another, I’ll most probably be handing over the plastic as well….

4. misshoax

2006-08-27 at 4:22 PM

susie, really. don’t feel so badly about “aggravating” my debt problem. i’m very well versed on doing that myself!
    i meant no harm!

5. Adrian

2006-08-28 at 1:38 AM

These do have a certain charm to them… i especially like the ones on the right..

6. somendra harsh

2006-09-22 at 11:07 AM

Respected Sir/Mad’m,
    As References from some search, We found your addresses as a Importer and Exporter of
    enticing range of garments or textile Business.
    Remtex Export Located in Pink City JAIPUR, Rajasthan, INDIA, Establised in the year 1995 with the aim to produce
    “World Class” Ladies fashion Garments and madeups. We have achived our goal of exporting our textile products to
    many countries world wide.
    The key to our success can be attributed to the professional management, dedicated team of Managers and our Skilled
    work Force.
    A globally acclaimed organization, Remtex Export is engaged in the manufacture and export of quality readymade
    garments at industry leading market prices. Our Mission has always been to supply world class products in minimum
    possible duration at most coompetitive pricing that meet customer requirements and specifications.
    We can provide each and every type ladies Garments like Skirts , Tops, Night Wear and textile related to garments
    in Garmenst and Apparels. we also have Made ups in Garments Handicrafts.
    We already have our ONLINE Global Virtual Showroom on our web site http://www.remtexexport.com
    in that we have our all products listed as a Digital Catelouge.
    so pl visit our web site http://www.remtexexport.com and give us your precious feed back.
    If you are interetsed in our products then we can start with simple sample order,
    we can send you samples (Not FREE). sample charges and shiping charges at your side will
    pay by you.
    for complete details of all above ladies garments color and size and wholesale price or lot price
    pl reply soon.
    Thanxs and keep in touch
    Regards.
    Mr. Somendra Harsh
    (Import/Export Division)
    REMTEX EXPORT
    House No. 137, “HARI MARG”,
    Cilvil Lines, JAIPUR- 302001
    [Rajasthan] INDIA
    Phone :- +91-141- 3254565 [O]
    Mobile :- +91-94141-08548 (Mr. Dilip Jain)
    +91-93140-69055 (Mr. Ramesh Jain)
    ————————————————————-
    E-mail :- info@remtexexport.com
    Web :- http://www.remtexexport.com
    ————————————————————-

7. pixie

2007-01-08 at 4:39 PM

really want a pair of harlot boots called nook in a size 3 cause there so so pritty can anyone help me……….. please

8. EU

2008-07-17 at 1:01 AM

Harlot shoes are creation of two british designers living in Spain.
    The shoes are manufactured in Portugal.
    I think they are great creations.