Let there be light

Let there be light

So I was messing about and totally taking advantage of living at home by getting my second little sister Yonnica (Yonni for short) to pose for me.  The theme I was going for was ‘Lost’ – like you put just about anything on with minimal styling, yet you’re still finding your feet style-wise.  That’s about exactly how I felt throughout my adolescent years.  I wore ridiculous outfits but had no idea where I was going with it.  There’s an awkwardness about everything – a dishevelled mis-matched-ness.

8 comments

1. Anonymous

2006-06-06 at 1:09 PM

Cute pictures! And you can’t beat the good old lens flare filter in Photoshop!

2. D

2006-06-06 at 2:11 PM

when did you cut your hair? Looks cute.so do the outfits. 🙂

3. susie_bubble

2006-06-06 at 2:17 PM

D: That’s not me in the pictures! It’s my younger sister Yonnica. My hair is still an uncontrollable shaggy mess!
    Hehe… yes, my photoshopping action is terrible isn’t it! Ah well…..

4. Anonymous

2006-06-06 at 4:59 PM

As I use Photoshop everyday in my job (I’m a graphic designer) and I think your photoshop skills are fine…infact I like how roughly you cut around your images, it’s naive and really sweet (that sounds patronising, sorry!)

5. fash ho'

2006-06-06 at 7:31 PM

i love the magical atmosphere in these pics and the tinkerbell style light. its cool that you can rope your sister into your photoshoots . . .

6. Linda

2006-06-07 at 12:20 PM

Wao…really creative pictures..
    i like the 4th pic!!

7. Danielle

2006-06-08 at 1:59 AM

Aw. I love this. Does your sister know how lucky she is? Gosh, if I was her I’d be posing for you and raiding your closet all the time… ah well, nice dream for a girl with only a brother =)

8. .f

2006-06-12 at 2:51 AM

good use of that filter! and i’ve finally discovered the secret to your shopping habits. living at home isn’t so bad!