Ok, so I did say catwalk reports aren’t really gonna be my thing but I have been planning what sort of looks I’m gonna go for this spring/summer. I’m not one of those anti-trend people who completely ignores the catwalk though I’d like to think I’m not a slave to it either.
With a lot of tearing up, a little spray mount and a whole lotta catwalk supplements from various Vogues, I came up with a spring/summer trend board.
It’s not a shopping dictatorship just something for me to glance at once in a while and prod myself with notes like ‘Oooh yes, crisp white shirt is much needed!’ Plus it just looks so arty hanging on my wall!
1) Nude/Blush/Pale Pink – I love this palette, it’s very soothing and refreshing after last summer’s lurid blues/oranges!
2) Lace/Crochet/Eyelet – I’m totally up for a sacharrine summer of fabrics you wore as a kid.
3)Underwear as Outerwear – Can’t say this is something novel for me because I’ve been wearing slips dresses over jeans since…….can’t even remember when!
4) Soft Metallics – I’m on the lookout for anything subtly shimmery like a matt kind of metallic. Not really after the Christmas tree look.
5) Florals – They’re great every summer but I’m really into the vintage Liberty/Laura Ashley prints at the moment.
6) Shirtwaisters – If you hate dresses let the one dress you wear be a shirtwaister because they’re so easy to wear!
7) Tuxedos – The hardest look for me to pull off but I’m enamoured by this look! It’s the ‘don’t give a s***’ cool factor that I love.
8) Jewel Tones – These are remnants of colour from last summer but this time it’s richer and more deep hued – emeralds, dark sapphire, mustards, rich rubies. Can’t resist shots of these colours.
9) Ruffles/Drapes – I’m a complete sucker for detailing like this so again, nothing new for me!
10) School girl – I’ve always thought the tie on a girl look was a bit Avril/faux emo but I was inspired when I saw it on the catwalk. I would wear one with very crisp shirts and maybe a silk pencil skirt – excellent for the office!
11) Stripes and Checks – Pattern is good and anyone who has seen my outfits will know that stripes are my best friend!
12) Utility – Definitely loving these nifty details – braces and pockets on anything is good.
13) Futuristic/Space Age – I definitely want to venture into the final frontier with odd shapes and unexpected materials.
**Update** Click for an enlarged version – as requested by Hye Park Lover!