High Casual

High Casual

Karen Walker once called her collection ‘high-casual’ and it got me thinking about this contrast, something that I relate to because I’m very much attracted to the juxtaposition of a casual piece with something dressy.  Then I was inspired by Norma Kamali x Everlast’s new range of grey jersey sportswear with a twist.  All of this was festering in my head and I came up with this…..

American Apparel grey hoodie, vintage cream puffball dress, Nike hi-tops // Kulture silvery grey draped top, grey jersey puffball skress w/ satin lining, Topshop dropped crotch grey pants, YSL taupe platform heels

Lux sleeveless sweatshirt top, H&M white longsleeved t-shirt tied, vintage sheer petticoat, cream footless tights w/ bows at ankles, white leather Converse lo-tops // Grey and black headband, Uniqlo grey t-shirt, Moschino Cheap & Chic grey cotton corset top, Tashi dark grey skirt/trousers,  Bloch ballet flats

H&M white long sleeved t-shirt, grey layered mesh top, grey jersey skirt, grey cotton legwarmers, Azona grey suede platforms // Preen grey jersey hoodie tied, vintage New York Mets t-shirt, TS Boutique tulle tutu w/ frayed edges, sheer grey tights, white leather Converse lo-tops

Preen grey jersey hoodie, silvery grey taffeta skirt from HK, American Apparel grey hoodie tied around waist, Undercover boots // Grecian draped cotton oversized top, Preen silvery grey bubble dress, vintage tweed skirt underneath, silver Converse super hi-tops

(Background pics scanned from Juergen Teller’s ‘Ed in Japan’ booklet from Purple Fashion magazine)

7 comments

1. annie

2006-03-26 at 10:25 PM

great outfits susie!
    i like #1 & #6 the best.

2. leo

2006-03-31 at 5:28 AM

i love these shots.

3. Lol B

2006-04-01 at 10:20 AM

I absolutely love these pics, the way you’ve styled them, the outfits, photoshop background, very darn cool!! Only just found your site and I love it, especially the music ! I’ll be adding you to my links for sure!

4. Lol B

2006-04-01 at 10:23 AM

I also really dig the high casual look , have you seen the new Tony and Guy ads? I love the way they are styled, the epitome of high casual, i’ve posted my fave on my blog.

5. susie_bubble

2006-04-01 at 11:04 AM

Thanks guys! Lol B – I have seen those Toni & Guy ads as well, aweseome styling… if I was a bit more *ahem* pro with my photography, I would do that dark background with the heavy shadows – looks so much more edgy.

6. Lol B

2006-04-01 at 11:14 AM

Hey don’t put yourself down babe, I think your photos are totally wicked!!! But I do have a fetish for trees ! Kinky eh??

7. Bostonshirtoutf

2012-03-27 at 1:05 PM

great pictures, love the empty street, it looks somehow curious!
    (Boston clothing) http://www.bostonshirtoutfitter.com/