DIY Prada Stockings

DIY Prada Stockings

000003726 Remember when I bought those Prada stockings that cost the best part of $100?  Well, I’m kicking myself now because according to UK Grazia magazine, a good tip to get the look on the cheap is to buy a pair of John Lewis Jonelle (a British department store children’s school uniform range) grey ribbed tights and cut off the top et voila…….Prada look-a-like knee highs!

This tip also comes from an insider at Prada…. so I’m sure if I go to John Lewis, the Jonelle tights sections will be suspiciously crowded and emptied of stock!

14 comments

1. maret

2006-03-29 at 1:52 PM

Hey that post is so nice of you. You might remember my post on the tfs “today’s wear” thread? Me (ms.jade) and my fake prada socks? Now I’d totally recommend cutting off tights. It’s the best a fashion addict student can do to its conctantly empty purse

2. Jane

2006-03-29 at 3:33 PM

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, I do not live in Britain where I can purchase those tights, but I’ll keep looking for alternatives.

3. Lola

2006-03-29 at 3:38 PM

Maybe its wrong of me to still want the Prada socks, out of all the alternatives?

4. susie_bubble

2006-03-29 at 3:41 PM

Well…I fell for the real thing. I still kinda don’t regret it despite this MUCH cheaper option. By the way Jane: If you read the left column, I might be able to help you get them!

5. Jane

2006-03-29 at 3:51 PM

Ohhh… what an enticing offer! Thanks for offering, I definetly will consider it
    🙂

6. SwanDiamondRose

2006-03-29 at 5:11 PM

i love style bubble! you are my new latest fashion blog addiction!

7. fairy

2006-03-29 at 5:59 PM

hey susie, that’s a great tipp! thanx! how much are those John Lewis tights? I hope they’re still available next time I manage to come to London
    xoxo
    fairy

8. Jane

2006-03-29 at 6:28 PM

Those are selling like hotcakes on the website!

9. susie_bubble

2006-03-29 at 7:09 PM

Ho ho…I just nabbed the last pair online (I actually just need grey cotton tights – I get black ones from Jonelle ALL the time – they’re the best!) but you know what, I think they actually have more Prada a-like grey tights instore as opposed to online so I will go investigate tomorrow! If ppl do want me to pick some up email me!
    Fairy: They’re cheap, £6-£8 for two pairs.
    And thanks SwanDiamond… that’s very sweet of you to say!

10. Jane

2006-03-29 at 7:26 PM

How much is it in American dollars?

11. susie_bubble

2006-03-29 at 7:40 PM

That’s about USD12

12. Agathe

2006-03-30 at 10:54 AM

I am tempted to try this, but won’t the tights fringe? I can’t get hold of those, but I have to check if H&M has something that will work. I saw they had grey tights the last time I was there…

13. linda

2006-04-02 at 10:32 AM

I try doing it myself the other day!! it doesn’t work >.<

14. Karla

2007-04-12 at 12:54 PM

primark have the exact same style for £1.